On Waking Up Early & Summer Challenge

This morning I woke up again at 4:30am. It was totally natural – after crashing into bed around 9 or 9:15pm last night, waking up at 4:30am was just intuitive. The morning was extra happy because of these guys.

05 flowers On Waking Up Early & Summer Challenge

Sunflowers bought for Bobby on his birthday; pink flowers (do you know what kind?) that I got before going to France that magically still look great.

06 flowers On Waking Up Early & Summer Challenge

Sunflower closeup.

I brought back something very important from France: good instant (decaf) coffee. We don’t have this elusive product here in the states. Or perhaps I’m not looking in the right stores. I love Nescafe’s instant coffee because it tastes good and is quick to prepare.

07 coffee On Waking Up Early & Summer Challenge

Mmmmm.

This cup has some organic half & half and NuNaturals vanilla stevia drops. While in France I got into the habit of drinking too much regular coffee (espresso in fact) so I’m trying to stick with decaf for a while to nix the addiction.

To top off this peaceful morning I did a round of Diane Von Furstenberg exercises (yogic stretching and some ab work) and some random yoga on my own. Pretty much like this:

Definitely check out the DVF exercises – she looks great for her age so I believe in her workout. I found the routine about a year and a half ago when I read her book on beauty.

While I was stretching and yoga-ing, I listened to this vocabulary podcast from Tyrannosaurus Prep. I learned some good ones today: meretricious, quixoticprevaricate, importune, and a few others.

***

101 Days of Summer Challenge Update!

I don’t remember if I mentioned this but I’m doing Biz’s 101 Days of Summer – my goal is to lose 5-10 pounds that crept up on me over the last 1.5 years. I had lost about 5 of them last year before my wedding but they came right back over the winter icon biggrin On Waking Up Early & Summer Challenge Anyway, I lost about 1-2 before going to France and I actually didn’t gain anything while I was on vacation. My plan is to cut back on carbs a bit and do some kind of exercise for 30-60 minutes each day. So far it has mostly been walking but I have also done yoga and today I did the stretching routine I mentioned above. It’s basically the same plan as my Operation Wedding from last year (which worked). I would be very happy to lose just 5 more pounds and gain more muscle. I like looking toned and having what I call a “yoga body”.

I don’t know if it’s too late to join, but even if it is you should try doing some kind of challenge this summer. A bunch of bloggers are in on this one and it’s always fun to do things with a group.

***

Oh my. Even Bobby is on France time. He just got up and it is only 7:20am. This is completely insane. He says he went to sleep early last night (early = before 1am). I hope we keep these crazy schedules.

What is your sleep schedule like? How many hours do you get and what time to you go to bed/wake up?

9 Comments on On Waking Up Early & Summer Challenge

1. Biz
    14 June, 2011 at 11:14 am (3 years ago)

Thanks for the shout out Maggie! And if any of your readers want to join – its not too late! :D

Great job on maintaining while in France – I guess all the walking around helped. :D

• Maggie
      15 June, 2011 at 7:24 am (3 years ago)

@Biz: It must have been the walking! The pains au chocolate over there were too good to resist.

14 June, 2011 at 12:22 pm (3 years ago)

Hey Maggie!
    you went to FRANCE?????

good for you chica!!!
    I wake up at 5:45 monday – Friday and around 8 on the weekends.

AHHH

as for challenges I am just wrapping up a 7 week one of my own and am panicking that I will be lost without one as summer approaches so I’m totally going to go see Biz!

oxoxox Beautiful flowers too!

• Maggie
      15 June, 2011 at 7:25 am (3 years ago)

@Cindy: YES!!! Our friends were getting married in France so we decided to go and turn it into a vacation. It was awesome. Definitely check out Biz! She has a great blog and I’ve been following it forever.

3. tea-bag
    14 June, 2011 at 2:35 pm (3 years ago)

i wake up at 4am on the weekdays & 6am on the weekends. i got used to it when i was a baker & i never really fell out of the habit. i love feeling like i got a jump on the world! it does, however, mean that i’m in bed w/ the grandparents! :)

• Maggie
      15 June, 2011 at 7:26 am (3 years ago)

@tea-bag: Ooh interesting, I didn’t know you were a baker at one point!

4. The Delicate Place
    14 June, 2011 at 7:44 pm (3 years ago)

my sleep schedule is pretty luxe. i go to bed at like 1030 and wake up on my own at 630-7ish. on the weekends i go to bed at 12-1, sometimes later but it’s gotta be good! and wake up 8am-10am on my own. try bodyrock.tv! i have been getting so toned from it the last 2 months! it’s ridiculous and i sweat so much for such a short workout!

• Maggie
      15 June, 2011 at 6:58 am (3 years ago)

@The Delicate Place: Holy crap – I just did Monday’s “Amazing Fat Burn Workout” and I am dying!! The 4 minutes at the beginning were killer. Thanks for the rec :D She has an amazing body.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on On Waking Up Early & Summer Challenge