Body Rockin’ & Chocolate Challenge

Body Rock Workout

Yesterday Melissa from The Delicate Place clued me into a site with a ton of at-home workouts – BodyRock.tv. Holy moly. I just did this one: Amazing Fat Burn Workout. It took me 16:45 to complete and I was pooped at the end. I was actually feeling the burn about 2 minutes into it (the first 4 minutes are mad intense cardio intervals) but I just kept panting and grunting all the way through. Instead of a sandbag I just held 2 3-pound weights in my hand (so 6 pounds total).

Body Rockin & Chocolate Challenge

Source.

sandbag Body Rockin & Chocolate Challenge

Source.

I don’t have a sandbag… who does?? I don’t know anyone that has this piece of equipment but they seem all the rage on the internets. I cannot imagine how nutso this workout would have been if I’d been holding 20 pounds of sand over my shoulder instead of these light weights. MDA has a tutorial to make your own so maybe I should try that.

Also – I used this for my interval timer. (You need 16 sets of 9 seconds followed by 6 seconds = 4 minutes.)

Chocolate Challenge

I was browsing the site and I came across some food challenges – for example, this one – you pick one thing that you know is not good for you, or not helping your routine, or whatever, and try to avoid it for a week. Maybe diet soda is your weakness. Recently my weakness has been no-sugar-added chocolate =/ It’s not necessarily bad, but I’ve been eating it in large quantities because my mind thinks that no sugar = unlimited quantities okay! So I think I will avoid it for a week. Are you guys in? Do you have any bad food habits or indulgences that are becoming just a bit too common? After the week I’ll be back to eating my sugarless chocolate, but hopefully with more moderation.

chocolate Body Rockin & Chocolate Challenge

I don't even like this brand much - Trader Joe's "Simply Light" is way better - but this is the only picture I have of no sugar added chocolate.

***

Psst. Regular posting is what you get when I keep waking up and going to sleep early! I’m enjoying it. I’m going to go putter around the house before I get ready for work.

16 Comments on Body Rockin’ & Chocolate Challenge

15 June, 2011 at 11:02 am (3 years ago)

Boy I hear ya on the “if it’s not that bad for you than give it a green light”

I do that all the time.

I think I’ll give up treats.

I just ended a no sugar added challenge and went a little over board this past weekend and now I am having a hard time kicking it!

YAY for Challenges…plus I am doing that 101 days of summer challenge too!!

• Maggie
      15 June, 2011 at 6:02 pm (3 years ago)

@CIndy: glad you’re joining in! I wish I could give up treats… I figure I need to have very small goals though – any time I have a large goal, or a bunch at once, I don’t end up succeeding at any of them!

2. Eimear Rose
    15 June, 2011 at 2:41 pm (3 years ago)

That’s cool that you’re having a go at bodyrock, I love it:) I pretty much do only bodyrocking and walking these days. I had a chocolate pretty much every day phase there and cut it out for a while, and now I don’t crave it half as much. Hope it works for you:)

• Maggie
      15 June, 2011 at 6:01 pm (3 years ago)

@Eimear: Sounds good to me (bodyrock + walking)! And I’m hoping the same will happen (chocolate).

3. Heather Eats Almond Butter
    15 June, 2011 at 5:57 pm (3 years ago)

I’m liking your new schedule. :)

Chocolate is definitely my vice these days, and I am loving it too much to give it up, even for a week. Maybe someday, but not now. I love when you share your workout links. Have your DVF exercises bookmarked and now must check out BodyRockTV. I’ve heard of it but never tried it. Thanks Maggie!

• Maggie
      15 June, 2011 at 5:59 pm (3 years ago)

@HEAB: Only giving up sugarless chocolate! I will still have a small piece of regular each day :) Definitely check out BodyRock… it’s intense.

4. The Delicate Place
    15 June, 2011 at 6:52 pm (3 years ago)

yay! so glad you tried it, you will be sore after these workouts i promise! i made my own dip bar from pvc pipe. and i need to take a progress photo, i am so excited at my tummy from bodyrocking faithfully!

5. Kath (My Funny Little Life)
    15 June, 2011 at 8:31 pm (3 years ago)

Sugar is constantly endangering for me. If I start, I’ll end up replacing my meals with it. :? Same with coffee (the non-stop thing, not the meal replacement thing, though. ;))

6. janetha @ meals & moves
    16 June, 2011 at 2:44 pm (3 years ago)

I don’t have a sandbag! But I use my kettlebell instead when I do bodyrock. Love those workouts.

• Maggie
      18 June, 2011 at 11:19 am (3 years ago)

@janetha: ooo great idea! I don’t have a kettlebell either though, haha. I actually just found someone who said she used a laundry bag full of clothes as her weight – whatever works!

7. tea-bag
    16 June, 2011 at 10:34 pm (3 years ago)

i’ve been really working on ending the mindless eating trap. even though i was eating healthy things, i was still just standing in front of the fridge stuffing carrots in my mouth when i wasn’t actually hungry. now i don’t go in the kitchen unless i know what i want & i’m really focusing on my hunger cues. seems to be working so far!

• Maggie
      18 June, 2011 at 11:20 am (3 years ago)

@tea-bag: I’m glad it’s working for you! So far I haven’t had any sugarless chocolate this week, but I’ve still been mindlessly snacking after dinner. But I think it’s gotten a *little* bit better. Cutting out the chocolate definitely helped.

8. Heather Eats Almond Butter
    20 June, 2011 at 5:14 pm (3 years ago)

Just tried this workout. Are you kidding me?!? Made it 10 minutes. I’m done. Need to go take an ice bath or get a massage or something. ;)

• Maggie
      21 June, 2011 at 10:00 am (3 years ago)

@HEAB: Does the 10 minutes include the 4 minutes of cardio?! That’s nuts. (My 16 minutes did include the 4; either way you beat me!) I hope you liked it – I just did another this morning.

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Body Rockin’ & Chocolate Challenge