sapphire blue memories*

14 necklace 500x332 sapphire blue memories*

i am not a sentimental person. i rarely hold onto things long enough for them to become cherished and dear. when i do, you know that the thing i have kept is truly meaningful. this was a gift from my husband a few years into our relationship. it is a sapphire, my birthstone. i love the necklace, but i love what it means more. when i wear it, it reminds me that i can do anything. he said it best the other day:

“you know what works for me
when im worried about something – i think about you – i know it sounds corny
but i know you always have my back
so that gives me enough support
to make it through anything”

*i am submitting this post to the IFB project. click here for details.

11 Comments on sapphire blue memories*

18 June, 2011 at 12:22 pm (3 years ago)

SO precious!

2. tea-bag
    18 June, 2011 at 3:10 pm (3 years ago)

is it bad that i totally thought this post was going to be about bombay sapphire gin? needless to say, your post was much sweeter than i imagined!

• Maggie
      21 June, 2011 at 9:56 am (3 years ago)

@tea-bag: LOL I am not a gin fan!

3. Dinner at Christina's
    18 June, 2011 at 6:43 pm (3 years ago)

You guys are so sweet, Maggie!

I looked through your FB albums a few weeks ago from your wedding! They are absolutely beautiful! I love all the little detials, you can definitely tell the 2 of you were surrounded by love that day!

4. The Delicate Place
    18 June, 2011 at 7:52 pm (3 years ago)

awww! he’s a keeper ;) that is a beautiful necklace. i’m the same way about material items…not very sentimental about them but i hold my engagement ring close to my heart because the diamond is from my late grandmother’s ring from the 1940s. a piece of her was with me on my wedding day even though she wasn’t bodily able to see it.

• Maggie
      21 June, 2011 at 9:57 am (3 years ago)

@TheDelicatePlace: On my wedding day my “something old” was my late grandmother’s ring from around that time period as well! What a beautiful engagement ring you must have :) And it’s nice that it has so many memories attached to it too.

5. clare
    19 June, 2011 at 5:19 pm (3 years ago)

really heartwarming maggie. thanks for sharing.

6. emily
    20 June, 2011 at 9:27 am (3 years ago)

That is such a lovely story. And a beautiful necklace :)

7. Alyse @ Fit Approach
    21 June, 2011 at 3:32 am (3 years ago)

This is such a moving story, and a gorgeous necklace. Your hubbie sounds like a keeper ;)

8. IFB
    21 June, 2011 at 5:05 pm (3 years ago)

That blue color is so pretty and deep. Thanks for sharing this lovely story. Reasons like these is why we decided to make this project.

Xo Nubia from IFB