In the spirit of
spring summer cleaning, I am cleaning out my “starred” list on Google Reader. Here are my favorites – lots of love for these links!
Recipes & Food
- Quintessence. This is a funky raw (vegan) restaurant that I want to try out downtown (NYC). Have you been?
- Humble Stew via Burp and Slurp. This looks simple and filling. And Bobby-friendly. Definitely a must to try.
- Mexican Fiesta Salad. I am actually making a very similar dish for a potluck I’m going to tomorrow. Natalie always has great recipes!
- Avo-Tofu Salad. Another from Natalie! Cannot wait to make this one.
- Chilled Summer Soups from Mark’s Daily Apple. You know, I don’t eat much soup – but I think I should start. I especially want to try making the Chilled Beet Soup Spiked with Dill and Vinegar.
- 3 Indian Recipes – these all look amazing; thanks for the ideas, Mimi! Each has 6 ingredients or less (sort of).
- Family Style Frittatas by Everyday Paleo.
- Chili Lime Tuna Burgers by Heather Eats Almond Butter.
My Workout Updates
This week I did a lot of BodyRock. Here is what I did:
- Monday: 30 day shred (not BodyRock but very Zuzana-esque). Used 3 pound weights.
- Tuesday: Poker Face Workout. I definitely did not have a poker face. My reps here.
- Wednesday: Burpee challenge. I did 46.
- Thursday: Wild & Free Challenge = insanity. My time was 26:13, using 6 pounds of weights instead of a sandbag, and no jumprope for the high knees. Could. Not. Speak. This is the day that Bobby officially realized I am nuts.
- Friday: Major Muscle Apocolypse. My reps: Lunge (left): 8, 8, 8, 7, 8, 8, 7, 8, 8, 9. Lunge (right): 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 9. Burpee: 3, 3, 3, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4. Pull up (reverse push up with chairs and broomstick): 8, 9, 8, 9, 9, 9, 8, 8, 8, 10.
- Saturday (this morning): Pound Melting Workout. Only 12 minutes. My reps: Reptile Toe Touch Push Up – 13, 14. Sandbag Side Lunge Knee Up (right leg) – 19, 20. Sandbag Side Lunge Knee Up (left leg) – 20, 20. Crab Fighter (right leg) – 10, 10. Crab Fighter (left leg) – 10, 10. Sandbag Squat – 17, 16.