Bobby and I just got home from an amazing day of sailing on the Long Island Sound. I had never been sailing before. We went with friends of my parents-in-law, and Bobby’s sister (my sister-in-law!) came too. We had delicious tuna sandwiches on whole grain bread for lunch on the boat and then fresh melons (watermelon and cantaloupe) and pretzels for snacks. We each got a turn to steer the ship. This lighthouse was one of the sights we saw (I think this is it; I googled for a picture).
Once we got back into the city we went to a really cute little French restaurant on the upper east side – Yo In Yo Out. I got the Cobb Salad as usual, with fresh warm bread and butter. Dessert (after walking 40 blocks home) was a Berrywild cup of half coconut half peanut butter froyo.
But enough about that. Here are my links of love for this week. I don’t have many.
Food Links of Love
- Chocolate Chip Cookies for One - totally perfect for my sweet tooth. I don’t like making a whole batch because I am the only one who likes sweet things in this house. I might try them with oatmeal instead of flour; I haven’t had oatmeal in ages and I miss it.
- Corn Chowder a la Sophia - I think I want to make all of Sophia’s recipes, but this one is really calling to me. I actually rarely make anything interesting anymore so maybe I will challenge myself this week to make some new recipes.
- I just found the Hip Chick’s Guide to Macrobiotics at the thrift shop for $1.99. Of course I picked it up. I had actually been talking about this book earlier this week with a girl I just met. I started it today on the boat; it’s a lot better than I had expected.
Fitness Links of Love
- YogaDownload giveaway – you have until Wednesday to enter.
- 101 Days of Summer update – My goals this week are to do 45 minutes of walking a day and some yoga. I think I’m gonna take a little rest from intense stuff this week. It’s too damn hot.
- How to Squat – I was browsing MDA and found this interesting post. Check out the difference between the “Asian squat” and the “Western squat”. (Guess which is the proper way.)
I’ll leave you with this really inspiring video I came across. Enjoy!