Secretariat is on Netflix streaming! I’m watching it as I lounge around this evening. So far very good.
Penny Chenery (Diane Lane) is a spunky, strong character. She’s smart and determined in a time when it was hard for women to be so. Definitely watch it. I love Diane Lane in all her movies. I think she’s very classy.
The other day I had this salad for dinner – it was fantastic. I have actually had many variations on the theme as of late but this one was especially pretty so I snapped a picture. Try it – you won’t regret it.
Crazy Seaweed Kabocha Eggy Salad
I just thew these ingredients in a bowl:
- Romaine lettuce
- Hard boiled egg
- 1/2 an avocado
- Steamed kabocha squash
- Hijiki mixed with soy sauce, rice vinegar, and a few pinches of sugar
- Cherry tomatoes
- Diced onions
- Brown rice (hidden under the veggies) (couscous would be yummy too) (don’t leave this out!)
Peanut Butter Vinaigrette Dressing
And topped it with this dressing (just mix together with a fork):
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- A few drops of stevia, or sugar
Mm mmm kabocha!
What’s your favorite kind of seaweed?
Mine is hijiki, hands down.
P.S. Free yoga here