I tooootally forgot I meant to post this last week. Enjoy! I sure did.
Vegan Tomato Peanut Stew Recipe
Inspired by this peanut stew.
- 1/3 large red onion
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter (or more peanut butter – I ran out)
- 3 medium, verging on too-ripe tomatoes
- 2 small satoimo (taro) potatoes
- large handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 can of garbanzo beans (drained)
- Put onions in a pan and cook on high-ish heat.
- Chop the tomatoes and add them, along with the nut butters. Reduce heat to low-medium.
- Add the potatoes (satoimo).
- Add the cilantro.
- Add the garbanzos.
- Cook for about 30 minutes, covered. Add salt, to taste.
- Serve with homemade bread (me) or rice (Bobby).
This is what satoimo look like:
Feel free to sub in a regular potato – I just didn’t have any on hand.
Before serving, I un-veganized it by adding parmesan (duh). I had this with my own homemade bread from the new breadmaker.
Do you eat stew? What is your favorite kind?
P.S. Please check out Natalie’s Hormone Survey! I might do a hormone post in the near future as well because I finally went to the doctor (I *finally* found a good one) and figured out what my dealio is.