A few months ago I was getting quite addicted to BodyRocking. It lasted a few weeks, and then I reverted to daily walks and yoga (as usual). I still subscribe to their feed though, and recently I bookmarked a pumpkin recipe to try. I changed it up based on what I had on hand and here is what I came up with.
Protein Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- stevia, to taste – this is hard to measure because each type of stevia is so different. Use your best judgement! Should be equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar.
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 medium eggs (these are smaller than normal eggs – I would use 3 Xtra large)
- 1 packet protein powder (= 1 scoop = 30 grams; I used HempShake in Chocolate flavor)
- butter for greasing a pan
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Cook, covered, on low heat like a gigantic pancake in a buttered pan. Flip it after 5 minutes. Continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes.
This recipe was not actually meant to be cooked on the stove, and it came out ugly enough that I’m not going to gross you out with pictures. I promise though, it tasted really good. The reason for the stovetop baking is that apparently the oven in my new apartment
sucks doesn’t work right. I had this for dessert last night and then for breakfast this morning.
If you want some other pumpkin recipes, here are a few of my favorites:
- Kabocha Pumpkin Pie (picture above)
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Kabocha & Garlic (not a dessert, but an amazing dish – maybe I’ll have this for dinner tonight – I want something simple and comforting) (picture below)