Recipes I want to make:
- Remember that pumpkin pie I made last week? Well, here is some Paleo Pumpkin Bread that I want to try too. I have never cooked with almond flour before. I would probably swap out the sweetener in this for stevia, and maybe do coconut oil instead of olive oil. (P.S. The protein powder I used in the pumpkin pie from last week was “HempShake – Delicious Organic Protein Superfood Drink Mix” in Chocolate. I used 30 grams. I have updated the recipe accordingly.)
- Chocolate-Salted Caramel Tart. Hmm, I am in a dessert mood today. This tart is really simple; I don’t know if I can call it a true tart because it looks too easy.
Interesting Food Things:
- “For centuries, almost all carrots were yellow, white or purple. But in the 17th century, most of those crunchy vegetables turned orange. Why? It may have to do with Dutch politics.” Read More. (Since I first read the article there has been an update from the World Carrot Museum – who knew there was such a thing?)
- Accurate Food Wrappers. I think the Milk Duds box is the funniest. (I have always hated Milk Duds for exactly that reason.)
Interesting Life Articles:
- Sometimes you should close the laptop. 😉
- Are jobs obsolete? With the USPS in dire straights, one man asks if it’s really so bad to not have a job. Wasn’t the point of all this technology so that we could work less?
- What dog do you look like? (This is not deep or meaningful – just funny.)
I am loving this song (thanks, coworker!):
That’s it for me. Any links you want to share?