It’s My Party, and I’ll Adho Mukha Vrksasana If I Want To

I have some absolutely HUGE news to share but it will have to wait a little bit. But I just wanted to totally get your hopes up and then make you wait. I’m kidding; I’m really excited about this thing but I just don’t want to jinx it before it happens.

Ahhh the anticipation!

***

It *is* actually my birthday tomorrow (almost today! – Thursday). So that is exciting. I just got home from a deliciously yummy yoga¬†class at Yoga Vida. I’m working on my handstand (still near the wall) and it’s really coming along. I can usually hold it for at least 5 seconds a couple times each day now. And my arms are getting stronger. I cannot believe what I difference I see in my practice when I take a class almost every day.

handstand Its My Party, and Ill Adho Mukha Vrksasana If I Want To

Not me. Source.

Yoga Handstand (Adho Mukha Vrksasana) Tips:

• Start in downward facing dog, facing a wall. Hands should be about 1 foot away from the wall. Then step your feet in a foot closer than they would be in a regular DFD, so you have a shorter stance.
  • Stretch one leg up, and then practice just kicking up one leg repeatedly so you kind of hover over your hands, and see if you can make it up to a handstand.
  • Tummy strong, weight over your shoulders.
  • Center of gravity should be between your shoulders, not in your lower back! Don’t let your back arch too much.

***

But gosh sometimes I feel old. What have I done with my life? What do I have to show for it? I have a wonderful husband and two fats cats.

maggie bobby aisle luminaria 400x267 Its My Party, and Ill Adho Mukha Vrksasana If I Want To

29 cats Its My Party, and Ill Adho Mukha Vrksasana If I Want To

I have a pretty good job, and a nice apartment (I still owe you pictures). But have I done anything memorable? Meaningful? Important? Well that is why I hope that thing I mentioned above that I can’t quite say actually happens. I just want to do something with my life that means something to me, and makes me happy. Hm. I think these might be first world problems =/

Here is my post from last year. And here from 2009 (this one has a recipe). In 2008 I logged my food. Things have most certainly changed over the years. This is now my second birthday being married. My first birthday in our new place. My second birthday at my job (the longest I’ve had a job, almost 2 years). My fourth birthday out of college (wtf?).

I think that is enough introspection.

***

Did anyone else buy the Living Social deal the other day? I think you know which one I’m talking about. I hope you didn’t miss it. I unsubscribed from those things long, long ago but someone linked me to this week’s and I couldn’t resist. (Okay, okay, it was for Whole Foods! Jeez.)

19 Comments on It’s My Party, and I’ll Adho Mukha Vrksasana If I Want To

15 September, 2011 at 6:08 am (3 years ago)

happy birthday Maggie! I didn’t realize that you and my dad are both on birthday today! :D
    I’m so intrigued about that thing that is happening! you need to tell me all about it!!!
    hope you are having a great day with Bobby!!!

• Maggie
      15 September, 2011 at 1:34 pm (3 years ago)

@coco: thanks Coco!! And happy bday to your dad :) I will tell you soon. I’m going to be one busy girl this fall.

2. Betherann
    15 September, 2011 at 7:40 am (3 years ago)

*salivates for big revelation*

Oh, and happy birthday!!! Isn’t growing older strange and fun and mysterious?

• Maggie
      15 September, 2011 at 1:35 pm (3 years ago)

@Betherann: Thanks, Beth! I will most certainly tell you soon. Yes it is all of those things :)

3. Biz
    15 September, 2011 at 8:19 am (3 years ago)

Happy happy Birthday Maggie! I hope you have a fabulous day!

Sadly, the nearest whole foods is like a 45 minute drive, not really worth the $10 savings, but score!

Hugs!

• Maggie
      15 September, 2011 at 1:35 pm (3 years ago)

@Biz: Thanks, Biz!

4. Heather Eats Almond Butter
    15 September, 2011 at 8:39 am (3 years ago)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAGGIE! It’s Thursday morning, and first thing I saw in my planner was Maggie’s Birthday. Made me happy. I know it will be a wonderful day, and yes, times have changed. I think you’re in a really good place in life. Enjoy. Love you!

5. Heather Eats Almond Butter
    15 September, 2011 at 8:40 am (3 years ago)

P.S. I’ve always considered your wedding dress is one of my favorites of all wedding dresses of my friends.

P.P.S. Thanks for handstand kicks. So not there yet – I still require a running start. ;)

• Maggie
      15 September, 2011 at 1:36 pm (3 years ago)

@HEAB: Thanks Heather!! I loved my dress as well. Running start = A-okay.

6. Yin
    15 September, 2011 at 9:54 am (3 years ago)

Happy birthday! :)

• Maggie
      15 September, 2011 at 1:36 pm (3 years ago)

@Yin: Thanks, Yin!

• Maggie
      15 September, 2011 at 1:36 pm (3 years ago)

@Jennie: Thanks, Jennie!

7. gliding calm
    15 September, 2011 at 11:23 am (3 years ago)

1) Love that title…hilarious! Wish I could hear that pronounced!!

2) Love that wedding picture!!

3) Love kittieeeeeeeeeeeeees! except currently my tuxedo kitty is knocking my lamp off my desk…he is a trouble maker/ just really clumsy!

4) happy birthday!!! I never think I have done enough for my life, at my age, etc etc. And I am always woulda, coulda, shoulda-ing…. but it also takes time to find one’s passions…and put those into action! I know sometimes I feel as though I’ll be in school forEVER before I can really start my career and begin helping people.

Okay, GC needs to stop rambling!

HUGS AND HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

• Maggie
      15 September, 2011 at 1:37 pm (3 years ago)

@gliding calm: Yeah I have no idea how it’s pronounced!! Awww kitties are cute even if they are mischievous. Thanks for the bday wishes :) Hugs to you too!

15 September, 2011 at 11:57 am (3 years ago)

CAN’T WAIT TO HEAR!!!!

and happy birthday!

I am still waiting for that “thing” in my life that makes me think “now I’ve done something”.

It’s just that life takes over.
    I’m pretty stinking proud of being a Mom.
    That’s my life’s biggest reward!
    xoxox

• Maggie
      15 September, 2011 at 1:38 pm (3 years ago)

@Cindy: Thanks, Cindy!!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on It’s My Party, and I’ll Adho Mukha Vrksasana If I Want To

Warning: call_user_func(comment_style) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home4/ke4mtg/public_html/thesaladgirl/wordpress/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1619