Viva La Yoga & Fun NJ Weekend

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I did have a very nice day. I was surprised mid-afternoon Thursday by an ice cream cake:

maggie cake 298x400 Viva La Yoga & Fun NJ Weekend

Apparently my coworkers asked Bobby what kind of cake to get, and he said, “if it’s chocolate, dark chocolate; she doesn’t like normal cake, ice cream is better; something with whipped cream.” It is almost scary how well my husband knows me icon wink Viva La Yoga & Fun NJ Weekend And my coworkers are the best.

***

I’m not going to keep being cryptic so here is my big news – I’m starting yoga teacher training this coming weekend and it’s going to go for the next 12 weeks (I have 2 weekends off). I’m not quitting my day job or anything, but I have been wanting to do this for a while and I’m so glad I’m getting the chance to now. (Back in California I did 2 weekend sessions of teacher training but did not complete the 200 hour training.) I can’t wait to share my yoga journey here for the next three months.

***

Since I’m going to be incredibly busy for the rest of the year, Bobby and I came down to NJ this weekend to spend time with my family and high school friends. We had an awesome time. Bobby and I helped out at the Quaker flea market yesterday (Saturday) by cooking hot dogs and hamburgers and taking down a bridge. I got a few goodies as well – some $.50 cent pillow shams, a dish, some fudge, handmade soap, an adorable laundry basket (whites and darks! but I will use it as his and hers because I don’t separate my colors – do you?), a lazy susan, some cool trays for food, and a bath set (lotions,etc…) … all for under $20 I believe.

***

I actually have a bunch of weekend link love links for you but I’ll post them tomorrow. In the meantime, I want to share three songs I am loving. For the first – I don’t usually like Diddy all the much, but I really like this song (mainly because of Skylar Grey’s voice – she’s not either of the girls in the video though).

Here is a Skylar Grey song:

And here is an Adele song that Bobby got me hooked on a few days ago. This girl is majorly talented, and her voice is like pure honey.

16 Comments on Viva La Yoga & Fun NJ Weekend

1. Yin
    19 September, 2011 at 9:53 am (3 years ago)

What a delicious looking cake! Good luck with yoga teacher training :)

2. gliding calm
    19 September, 2011 at 11:48 am (3 years ago)

1) I love Adele!

2)What a cool new hobbie!! Teaching is SO REWARDING! I just loveee being a coach!! Maybe someday you can teach me yoga??

3) I love ice cream cake too!! And whipped cream!! And what sweet coworkers!! So happy you have a great group of people around you!

4) that weekend sounds so fun!! yay for friends, family, and flea markets! :D

HAPPY WEEK, MAGGIE!!

• Maggie
      20 September, 2011 at 10:47 pm (3 years ago)

@GC: I would LOVE to teach you yoga!! Come to NYC :)

3. Betherann
    19 September, 2011 at 1:57 pm (3 years ago)

Yaaaay!!! Can’t wait to here more about your yoga teaching adventure!

4. Alyse @ Fit Approach
    19 September, 2011 at 10:09 pm (3 years ago)

Whoo! Congrats on taking that step and committing to teacher training! It’s something I’ve been thinking about doing, too. I can’t wait to read about your adventures :)

• Maggie
      20 September, 2011 at 10:47 pm (3 years ago)

@Alyse: I say, go for it! I can let you know more after I’ve done a few sessions – don’t hesitate to ask me anything.

5. Jennie (the gf-gf)
    20 September, 2011 at 1:51 am (3 years ago)

Good for you! Teacher training is so much fun … oh, and actually teaching yoga is a lot of fun, too :-) Does your program teach any particular lineage?

• Maggie
      20 September, 2011 at 10:49 pm (3 years ago)

@Jennie: It’s a combination of Vinyasa/Ashtanga (and maybe a little Forrest thrown in there as well).

6. The Dainty Pig
    20 September, 2011 at 12:18 pm (3 years ago)

Happy belated birthday my friend!
    AND….SO HAPPY for you doing your yoga training!
    That’s amazing. I know you won’t regret it for a second :)
    big hugs!!!
    xoxox

7. Heather Eats Almond Butter
    20 September, 2011 at 3:34 pm (3 years ago)

Used to separate until I got married, and then CD taught me that it’s totally not necessary. Love him for that.

Love ice-cream cakes – is that from DQ? If so, those are my favorite!

So excited about your yoga teacher training Maggie. Like seriously excited. Would love to do that someday and so I can’t wait to hear all about your upcoming adventures! :)

• Maggie
      20 September, 2011 at 10:50 pm (3 years ago)

@HEAB: It’s from Baskin Robbins I believe. I have never actually been to DQ! I’ve been to a “Cream King” which is the local burger/ice cream shop where I grew up ;)

8. Jill
    20 September, 2011 at 11:18 pm (3 years ago)

Red clothes yes, colors-nope. :)

9. clare
    21 September, 2011 at 7:41 pm (3 years ago)

Maggie I’m so thrilled that you are continuing with your yoga training! I just completed my FIRST day of 500 hour training that I’ll be taking for the next year with a school up here. Phew. I’m excited that we are on this journey *together* in a way, and very much looking forward to reading your updates about it.

Lots of love and support!

• Maggie
      23 September, 2011 at 2:21 pm (3 years ago)

@clare: That is awesome!! I can’t wait to read your updates as well. I wonder if 500 hour training will be in my future someday :) Love and support right back at ya!

10. Ann @ Running With Chopstix
    17 October, 2011 at 11:18 am (3 years ago)

Congrats on starting yoga teacher training! It sounds like it’ll be amazing and I can’t wait to read more about it!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Viva La Yoga & Fun NJ Weekend

Warning: call_user_func(comment_style) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home4/ke4mtg/public_html/thesaladgirl/wordpress/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1619