Thank you for all the well wishes on my big announcement! Again, I can’t wait to share what I learn here on the blog.
Here are my belated weekend links:
- Why the Breakfast Most Americans Will Eat Today Is a Corporate Scam. “Wake up and smell the McCafé: Cold cereal, donuts and orange juice are breakfast staples because somebody somewhere wanted money.”
- Really want to make this Vegetarian Jap Chae from Herbivoracious.com.
- Whole Foods is tricking us into buying stuff. An example? Those flowers at the entrance are known in advertising as “symbolics” – they make it clear that everything inside the store is “bursting with freshness.” From the flowers when you walk in all the way to the cash register there are subtle tricks that can lead you to purchase more than you intended. Interesting fact – the average apple in a supermarket is actually 14 (?!) months old.
- I’ve had Socca on my list to make for ages. Have you ever tried it? What is your favorite recipe?
- I really want to make both of Mama Pea’s recipes here – Hoisin Ginger Tofu and the Smoky Tahini Slaw.
- I always want to make Heather‘s recipes. Here is one for HEABlet Bars.
Do you have any links of love?
This evening I took an advanced yoga class at my studio and it was great. I had one last night as well but tonight’s was one of the best classes I’ve ever taken. It was one of those nights where everyone was into it; everyone was breathing; everyone was sweating within the first five minutes. I pushed myself and managed to practice getting into poses that I don’t usually get to do in the regular classes. Like full pigeon! I didn’t even know it existed.
I’m thinking I might do a “pose of the week” feature here – this week’s pose (and by “pose of the week” I really just mean what pose I am into that day) has got to be Supta Baddha Konasana.
It’s incredibly relaxing for your hips, if you can just let go. If you need extra support, use blankets like in the picture. It’s a good counter pose to bridge, and it’s perfect for leading into savasana.
Have a great night!