Weekend Link Love [on a Tuesday…] – 09.20.2011

Thank you for all the well wishes on my big announcement! Again, I can’t wait to share what I learn here on the blog.

Here are my belated weekend links:

Do you have any links of love?

***

This evening I took an advanced yoga class at my studio and it was great. I had one last night as well but tonight’s was one of the best classes I’ve ever taken. It was one of those nights where everyone was into it; everyone was breathing; everyone was sweating within the first five minutes. I pushed myself and managed to practice getting into poses that I don’t usually get to do in the regular classes. Like full pigeon! I didn’t even know it existed.

***

I’m thinking I might do a “pose of the week” feature here – this week’s pose (and by “pose of the week” I really just mean what pose I am into that day) has got to be Supta Baddha Konasana.

Source.

It’s incredibly relaxing for your hips, if you can just let go. If you need extra support, use blankets like in the picture. It’s a good counter pose to bridge, and it’s perfect for leading into savasana.

***

Have a great night!

9 Comments on Weekend Link Love [on a Tuesday…] – 09.20.2011

1. Mimi (Gingersnaps)
    21 September, 2011 at 12:56 am (3 years ago)

Congrats on the yoga adventure!

HEAB is my go-to blogger gal for recipes. I swear our tastebuds were separated at birth. Her sauces are awesome. I also love her hubby’s almond butter chili. Perhaps you can sub in meat-free crumbles or beans to keep it veggie? I highly recommend it!

• Maggie
      21 September, 2011 at 12:40 pm (3 years ago)

@Mimi: I actually eat meat these days, but I still haven’t tried her chili!! I will have to make that soon.

2. Sweet and Savvy
    21 September, 2011 at 10:58 am (3 years ago)

Thanks for sharing All these links!:) I haven’t tried Socca either.. but id love To!

3. gliding calm
    21 September, 2011 at 6:16 pm (3 years ago)

that WF article is fascinating!! thanks for the links, Maggie!!

that yoga pose looks super relaxing too! I might have to try that!! :)

4. Heather Eats Almond Butter
    21 September, 2011 at 9:53 pm (3 years ago)

Full Pigeon one of my favorites. Feels so good, and I hope you like the HEABLet bars. Heablet isn’t into them so much anymore. All she wants now are salmon cakes. :)

• Maggie
      23 September, 2011 at 2:11 pm (3 years ago)

@Heather: Those are also on my list ;)

5. Molly
    22 September, 2011 at 9:57 pm (3 years ago)

Socca is awesome. I use Mark Bittman’s recipe. One warning: it tends to make a lot of smoke and EVERY TIME I make it, I set off my fire alarm.

• Maggie
      23 September, 2011 at 2:11 pm (3 years ago)

@Molly: Thanks!! I might try that one. Mark Bittman is great.