Weekend Link Love [on a Tuesday…] – 09.20.2011

Thank you for all the well wishes on my big announcement! Again, I can’t wait to share what I learn here on the blog.

Now, if I’m not careful, this WLL on a Tuesday is going to become a regular habit icon wink Weekend Link Love [on a Tuesday...] – 09.20.2011 Sometimes I just want to write about something else on the weekend so my apologies for the belated post.

Do you have any links of love?

***

This evening I took an advanced yoga class at my studio and it was great. I had one last night as well but tonight’s was one of the best classes I’ve ever taken. It was one of those nights where everyone was into it; everyone was breathing; everyone was sweating within the first five minutes. I pushed myself and managed to practice getting into poses that I don’t usually get to do in the regular classes. Like full pigeon! I didn’t even know it existed.

***

I’m thinking I might do a “pose of the week” feature here – this week’s pose (and by “pose of the week” I really just mean what pose I am into that day) has got to be Supta Baddha Konasana.

supta baddha konasana Weekend Link Love [on a Tuesday...] – 09.20.2011

Source.

It’s incredibly relaxing for your hips, if you can just let go. If you need extra support, use blankets like in the picture. It’s a good counter pose to bridge, and it’s perfect for leading into savasana.

***

Have a great night!

9 Comments on Weekend Link Love [on a Tuesday…] – 09.20.2011

1. Mimi (Gingersnaps)
    21 September, 2011 at 12:56 am (3 years ago)

Congrats on the yoga adventure!

HEAB is my go-to blogger gal for recipes. I swear our tastebuds were separated at birth. Her sauces are awesome. I also love her hubby’s almond butter chili. Perhaps you can sub in meat-free crumbles or beans to keep it veggie? I highly recommend it!

• Maggie
      21 September, 2011 at 12:40 pm (3 years ago)

@Mimi: I actually eat meat these days, but I still haven’t tried her chili!! I will have to make that soon.

2. Sweet and Savvy
    21 September, 2011 at 10:58 am (3 years ago)

Thanks for sharing All these links!:) I haven’t tried Socca either.. but id love To!

3. gliding calm
    21 September, 2011 at 6:16 pm (3 years ago)

that WF article is fascinating!! thanks for the links, Maggie!!

that yoga pose looks super relaxing too! I might have to try that!! :)

4. Heather Eats Almond Butter
    21 September, 2011 at 9:53 pm (3 years ago)

Full Pigeon one of my favorites. Feels so good, and I hope you like the HEABLet bars. Heablet isn’t into them so much anymore. All she wants now are salmon cakes. :)

• Maggie
      23 September, 2011 at 2:11 pm (3 years ago)

@Heather: Those are also on my list ;)

5. Molly
    22 September, 2011 at 9:57 pm (3 years ago)

Socca is awesome. I use Mark Bittman’s recipe. One warning: it tends to make a lot of smoke and EVERY TIME I make it, I set off my fire alarm.

• Maggie
      23 September, 2011 at 2:11 pm (3 years ago)

@Molly: Thanks!! I might try that one. Mark Bittman is great.