Teacher training update – 2 days down and I am loving it so far. Yesterday we covered basic sun salutations in the morning and anatomy (!) all afternoon. Today I think is pretty much the same layout. I am loving the anatomy lectures (seriously).
I’m currently sitting here with a cup of instant miso soup (this brand - totally natural and delicious.) I have to leave soon for training, but I’m taking a few minutes to just relax.
Without further ado, here are my links for this week.
- Placebos Are Getting More Effective. Drugmakers Are Desperate to Know Why. Here are some lines straight from the article, to summarize: “Half of all drugs that fail in late-stage trials drop out of the pipeline due to their inability to beat sugar pills… Some products that have been on the market for decades, like Prozac, are faltering in more recent follow-up tests…It’s not that the old meds are getting weaker, drug developers say. It’s as if the placebo effect is somehow getting stronger.” Sounds like drug companies are realizing something that yogis have know for years – how powerful the brain is.
- Funny “Blog Breakdown” comic.
- Earn more, work less: 8 great jobs that escape the rat race. I’m only posting this because it features one of my favorite yogis, Sadie Nardini. But it is an interesting read (if not entirely accurate? what do you think?).
- I’m trying to cut down a bit on sweet things, but maybe when I break my sweet-fast I will try out these Grain-Free Pumpkin Muffins from Balanced Bites.
- Do you like parsnips? I want to try Choosing Raw’s Parsnip Sushi Rice. (I never got to eat parsnips growing up because my dad hated them. But I tried them a year or two ago and ended up loving them. I think I like all root veggies.)
I’ll leave you with a song. I’m off to class… and to Starbucks for some coffee. It’s 8AM on a Sunday.