Thursday Latelies 10.27.2011 [not a video!]

Thursday Latelies used to be posts where I shared, via video, a few things I was loving for the week. This week I’m not feeling a video but I wanted to share some things anyway. I’ve been alluding to various changes in my life these last few posts so here we go!

I mentioned this once before, but never really talked about it again – Bobby and I moved across town to a bigger, newer apartment and we couldn’t be happier. Things were shaky at first (aren’t they always) but I have gotten to love my new space. Here are some pics. I haven’t quite finished arranging so maybe these will be “before” pictures.

05 living room Thursday Latelies 10.27.2011 [not a video!]

04 desk Thursday Latelies 10.27.2011 [not a video!]

03 piano Thursday Latelies 10.27.2011 [not a video!]

06 cous chair Thursday Latelies 10.27.2011 [not a video!]

(I think I can mostly fix what he did – stupid cat thought the chair was a new scratching post. Also, I just noticed in this picture – he is certainly looking slimmer than he used to!)

Aside from the move, two other big things have happened in my life lately – I got a new job (I start tomorrow) and I started yoga teacher training. I’m certainly excited about the job, but more on that later.

At the beginning of yoga teacher training they told us that the next three months would change our lives. We would make new (amazing) friends, and we might outgrow some of our old ones. We would deepen our practices. We’d probably be emotional at times, ranging from ecstatic to despairing – yoga tends to bring up old feelings.

Over the last month (four full weekends of training, plus an off weekend) I have definitely seen change happen. The new friends I have made are some of the most amazing women (and men) I’ve ever met. On the flip side of that, I’ve also realized which relationships in my life just don’t click anymore. Coming to that realization can be confusing and difficult. On the food end, I’ve been more veggie-focused because most of the people involved in the program are vegetarian or veg-leaning. I still eat meat, but it’s been a little less frequent. I’ve been more “let it go” and less “hold onto things.” If that makes sense.

***

That’s it from me for now. Any big changes in your lives lately?

10 Comments on Thursday Latelies 10.27.2011 [not a video!]

27 October, 2011 at 8:18 pm (3 years ago)

your new apart does look much larger thatn the previous one, I’m sure you are enjoying it a lot!
    and yes, Cus seems slimer now.
    I’d love to hear more about how the yoga training changed you.

• Maggie
      27 October, 2011 at 8:28 pm (3 years ago)

@coco: I will definitely write more about how the yoga training has changed me… it really makes you look at things differently.

2. Maeve
    28 October, 2011 at 1:26 am (3 years ago)

So…. Bobby and I totally have the same desk. Did you get it at Target? I too was deskless for a long time before breaking down and purchasing it :) It’s sleek!

• Maggie
      28 October, 2011 at 6:25 am (3 years ago)

@Maeve: Yep, Target! Well actually Craigslist, but the woman I bought it from told me it was originally Target. I like it a lot; might get myself a matching one.

3. kim
    30 October, 2011 at 4:18 pm (3 years ago)

Great to hear you’re settling in your new place! And congrats on your new job and embarking on a new career path~ :)

4. Linda
    31 October, 2011 at 8:20 am (3 years ago)

Hi Maggie,
    The apartment looks awesome. How do you like your C&B furniture? We just bought the Kline chair from Crate as well but in the blue. I think it will be delivered next year, sigh.

linda

5. Kath (My Funny Little Life)
    3 November, 2011 at 10:32 am (3 years ago)

Having enough space is such a wonderful thing! And whee, you have a digital piano! :D I had exactly the same model (also in that color) before I got my grand piano. Now a friend of mine has my old digital piano. :)

6. glidingcalm
    6 November, 2011 at 1:45 pm (3 years ago)

Yay for a bigger apartment!! It looks great!!! :)

I am thinking of getting an apt. with my Boy………but we have never lived together… so it is sort of a big decision.

and I still can’t get over the name “Couscous” for a cat. it is so brilliant, and I KNOW ive said that on your blog before.

Also I felt the same way about many of my friends after my Vipassana Meditation retreat!! “On the flip side of that, I’ve also realized which relationships in my life just don’t click anymore” <—– yes yes yes!! My perspective has been changed completely…as well as what's important to me, or what interests me in life.

Hope you have had a great weekend.

hugs hugs hugs,
    GC

7. Heather Eats Almond Butter
    6 November, 2011 at 8:38 pm (3 years ago)

I am liking this current Maggie, and your new place looks great. We totally use the blanket covering up the hole trick on our leather couch. Thank you chewing puppies.

I need yoga teacher training in my life. Seriously.

8. Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco
    8 November, 2011 at 7:34 pm (3 years ago)

Hi! I am a friend of Mimi’s, and I have heard wonderful things about you! So glad to have gotten to your blog safetly, and I look forward to sticking around!