Yoga Flow Playlist #1 – Teacher Resource

I say Playlist #1 in the title because I hope this is the first of many to come. I had my first yoga class today (teaching) and I think it went well. Especially well when you consider it was my first full, true class. I taught at my company’s gym during one of the lunch slots. This was my playlist:

Flow Yoga Playlist #1

10. Island In The Sun – Weezer
  11. Love Song – Sara Bareilles
  12. Crash Into Me – Dave Matthews Band
  13. Finally Moving – Pretty Lights
  14. La Femme D’Argent – Air
  15. Zenith – from a Planet Yoga CD

Actually didn’t make it to the last three songs because we started late, but it worked out perfectly – Crash Into Me is a great Savasana song.

What are some of your favorite songs to do yoga to?

11 Comments on Yoga Flow Playlist #1 – Teacher Resource

1. tea-bagginit
    4 January, 2012 at 10:39 pm (3 years ago)

oh my goodness, i would LOVE to do yoga to this soundtrack! sometimes i get so tired of that froufrou meditative chime-y stuff!

• Maggie
      4 January, 2012 at 10:53 pm (3 years ago)

@tea-bagginit: Me too! I love to rock out in yoga class. It’s funny you call it “froufrou” because there is actually a great band named “Frou Frou” that I love – check out her song called Let Go if you get a chance. I think it’s going on my next playlist ;) Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Cg1wxgX6M

2. Heather Eats Almond Butter
    4 January, 2012 at 11:09 pm (3 years ago)

I would love to take a class from you Maggie. Great music choices. I love flowing to some of Ben Harper’s slower tunes and anything by Alexi Murcdoch. Congrats on teaching your first class – so exciting! :)

• Maggie
      4 January, 2012 at 11:22 pm (3 years ago)

@HEAB: I can’t wait for the day I get to teach a class for you :)

3. Caitlin @ Vegetarian in the City
    6 January, 2012 at 11:50 am (3 years ago)

i would love love love to take a yoga class to this play list. i am so sick of the solitudes cds (the ones with ‘om-ing’ and wooden flutes. amazing!

4. Kath (My Funny Little Life)
    6 January, 2012 at 7:21 pm (3 years ago)

I had no idea you’re a yoga teacher! Whee! Playlist looks nice! :D

• Maggie
      7 January, 2012 at 12:02 am (3 years ago)

@Kath: I just finished getting certified last month. That’s why I haven’t had time for blogging!

• Maggie
          7 January, 2012 at 10:11 am (3 years ago)

@Kath: Thank you!!! I will probably write more about it soon. It’s a life changing experience :)

5. glidingcalm
    9 January, 2012 at 6:24 pm (3 years ago)

love theseeeeeeeeeeeeee!! i esp love Air for studying! :D