- Split squat jumps (in lunge position, jump up and down X times on one leg; then switch to other side)
- Single leg lunges with back foot on a chair (X times on one leg; then switch to the other side)
- Superman pushups (do a pushup, but come down to the floor and do a superman, then another pushup, floor, superman, etc…)
It was a
ponzi pyramid scheme where you go through the rounds and do 5 reps, then 10, then 15, then 10, and finally 5 again. I just did it along with Zuzana and if I finished ahead of her I did jumping jacks. This workout took me about 18.5 minutes.
Here is me afterwards, sweaty face and all:
I definitely would like to build up some more tone, but I have stayed in shape from all the yoga. I can do pushups better than ever before.
Yeah, I know, I was supposed to do a 3-miler today. But I have an update on that front – I am officially going to walk the half marathon - my knee started bothering me this weekend. Sigh. Silly knee. I don’t want to push it. I’m so excited to walk it though! I know I will find a cool group of people to chat with as we speedwalk to the finish line, and I know I will enjoy the training more.
And here is how I fueled up afterwards:
Roasted (no oil) kabocha and butternut squash. I stuck them in the oven at 475F right before I started the workout and they were ready 25 minutes later. I snapped the pic using this awesome app I just found called The Eatery. You take a picture of your food and other people judge whether it’s healthy or not. I am addicted.
So far for the week my other workouts have been…
- Monday – off (as planned)
- Tuesday – 3.75 miles running/incline walking (on treadmill)
- Wednesday – 1.5 miles walking (on my lunch hour) + some additional walking after work (1 mile or so) = 2.5 miles total
- Thursday (today) – 1ish mile walk at lunch, and the ZWOW I just finished.