My sister and I were chatting today about how sugar sneaks into nearly everything, including random things like ketchup. I told her to make her own from tomato paste because she likes it on her eggs, but she didn’t have a recipe. Here you go sis! I’ve used this many times.
Homemade Unsweetened Ketchup Recipe
- 6-oz tomato paste (1 can)
- 1/4 to 3/4 cup water, depending on how thick you want it
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- optional spices (1/2 teaspoon each): cumin, cinnamon, garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper, dried onion
- optional sweetener: stevia, honey, brown rice syrup
- Combine all ingredients; mix with a whisk. Add more water slowly until you reach your desired consistency.
Makes 1 bottle of ketchup.
Prep time: <5 minutes.
Cook time: 0 minutes.
Cook’s note: try with this spinach potato frittata.