In an effort to improve my cooking skills, I have decided to learn how to cook meat better. Drumsticks were on sale at Westerly (organic and free-range – score!) so I picked them up.
Spicy Coconut Chicken Drumsticks
- 5 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Pat the drumsticks dry with a paper towel.
- Heat the coconut oil over high heat, add the chicken.
- Sprinkle the spices and vinegar over the chicken. Turn each drumstick over a few times to distribute the flavorings.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip drumsticks and cook, covered, for another 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through.
So good! And the house smelled incredible. Bobby approved.
Do you like white meat or dark meat better?
I love dark meat. I always have.