Keri just posted the cleanse instructions and shopping list on her blog so I think I can share the plan here.
For 4 days, eat the same thing each day – and that is:
- Breakfast: 1 whole egg plus 2 egg whites (scrambled), ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Snack: 1 medium Granny Smith apple, ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Lunch: Lentil Spinach Salad (spinach, ½ cup cooked lentils, 1 hard-boiled egg, and 1 teaspoon olive oil)
- Snack: ½ cup artichoke hearts OR 1 small steamed artichoke with a squeeze of lemon
- Dinner: Salmon Spinach Salad (1 cup spinach, 4 ounces grilled salmon, and ¼ avocado)
You can go get the shopping list at the post I linked to above.
I made some modifications due to some digestive issues (IBS). Some of the foods above cause bloating for me, such as lentils and apples. I am going to sub out lentils with a fish protein – some type of canned seafood (I have tuna, clams, and crab). I am going to sub out the apples with oranges or papaya. I hope that is OK!
The way I picked my substitutions is loosely based on the FODMAPS plan – it does work for me, when I stick with it. More about this later I think. Elise is a fodmapper too and she has lots of good tips.
Anyway… wish me luck! Today is the first day of truly following the plan. I have to go prep my food and get to work.
Happy Wednesday! How has your week been so far?
Mine has been good – I managed to find the curtain rod I’ve been needing (had to go to 3 different West Elms in the last week to find it).
I was able to get it in the 28″-48″ size for my one window last Saturday, but I needed the 44″-108″ for the other window. Now my bedroom is almost complete 🙂 I got the darker one, the “rubbed iron” color.