First, let me say…
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Did you stay up? I actually fell asleep watching 30 Rock around 11:30 but luckily I have the best husband ever and he woke me up in time to share the strike of midnight and a new year’s kiss I’m trying to cut back on coffee thus I was very tired yesterday night.
2012 was a big year in the Say Yes to Salad household. I definitely didn’t get to blog as much as I would have liked to, but maybe that is something that can change in 2013. I’m going to shy away from my intentions (AKA resolutions) in this post and stick to momentus events of 2012. In the order they happened, here are 12 big things that happened last year. Most are me-specific, but there are a few world events in there too.
- I taught my first (and probably last, ha) yoga class at my old job – turns out I like taking yoga much more than teaching yoga, at least for now. People seemed to like my classes but teaching is just not for me! (January)
- I went back to my old job (I had left it for ~5 months, but missed it almost as soon as I’d gone). (March)
- My hubby and I bought an apartment in NYC. And then we renovated it (still renovating it…). (Closed in May; began renovations in November)
- I joined a CSA and discovered a farmers’ market on the corner of my street. (June)
- I joined Pure Yoga back at the end of June (and Bobby just joined in late November so now we can go to yoga together). I just realized I never wrote about this – it deserves a review! (June)
- I fixed my PCOS. (Basically by eating more carbs, and more in general, more regularly.) I also ate a lot of PCOS bread. (July)
- Bobby (the hubs) and I went on a yoga retreat with Raghunath (August), and I tried Mysore Ashtanga yoga (July).
- Bobby and I went to Japan for 2 weeks for fun (and so I could finally – after 7 years of being together – meet his family!). (October)
- I went to India for 9 days for work. (December)
- I got rid of every single “food fear” I’d ever had. Fried food was really the last one – but now? Bring it on. Here’s an example of a meal that would have been terrifying just a few short years ago. I don’t write much about this here on the blog anymore, but I have struggled a lot in the past with eating – too much, too little – and I am still trying to figure out what is “just right” for me. I’m getting there (Whole year)
- NYC got hit by Hurricane Sandy – our home was unaffected, but my work lost power for a week and many of my friends and family members, including my parents, were also without power. Sandy Workout & Sandy Link Love
- Obama was re-elected (I voted for Gary Johnson, but I preferred Obama to Romney).
At first it was hard to think of things, but once I got started I felt like I could add 12 more!
What were the important things in your life for 2012?
For my family – it was a year of finding new passions & paths in life. My brother was WOOFing in the spring, and I think my sister wants to follow in his footsteps this year.
For my country – well, we didn’t fall off the fiscal cliff, and the economy seems to be improving. I am happy with that.
Coming up soon…
- Most popular posts of 2012
- 2013 intentions
- Goals wrap-up 2012?
- Kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom before & afters! (Next week? I hope?)
- Recipes?? (When I get my kitchen back)
Like this post? Check out...
Tagged: 2012, apartment, babies, csa, farmers market, food fears, home renovations, hurricane sandy, india, japan, job, mysore, nyc, pcos, politics, pure yoga, raghunath, renovations, teaching yoga, travel, traveling, work, year in review, yoga