So, I am still pregnant! My due date was Tuesday (April 1st) and today I am 40 weeks and 4 days preggo:
- Baby size: 8+ pounds
- Mommy weight gain: ~26-27 pounds (I was up to 30 about 2-3 weeks ago, but have since stabilized around 26-27 – no gains or losses in the last 2 weeks).
- Swelling: I had foot/ankle/calf swelling for most of weeks 38-39 but this symptom also disappeared around the end of week 39. I’m glad to have my feet back (this might also explain the slight weight loss). My midwife was speculating it might have something to do with the weather/barometric pressure because a few other pregnant ladies also reported less swelling this past week.
- Gender: Still a BOY!
- Cravings or aversions: nothing in particular.
- Baby position: head down since ~32 weeks.
- Name: picked. Think we settled on this around 38 weeks.
- Symptoms: lots of Braxton Hicks (pretty standard for the last 2 weeks). Today they are actually more frequent. I’m also having a lot of sharp pains on the insides of my thighs (which has been happening off and on since about week 30). It’s the worst it’s been today though – I feel like he is really knocking his head around my nerves.
- How I’m feeling: up and down physically. Some days I am great and others I feel like this orangutan:
I took off from work as of Monday, but since baby didn’t come yet I’ve been working ~half-ish days this week. I’ve also been doing a ton of walking to get him to come down and out, though obviously that hasn’t happened yet. On Tuesday I went for an acupressure massage which was nice and relaxing.
The house is finally done (renovations, organizing), though I keep cleaning and re-organizing because I can’t help myself.
I realized I haven’t actually done a “bumpdate” since Week 31 so here is the progress of my bump from 31 weeks to now (you can see all these on my Instagram too):
32.5 Weeks – February 7th (maternity dress from Motherhood Maternity):
34 Weeks – February 18th (bummy large non-maternity shirt):
34 Weeks + 6 Days – February 24th (non-maternity dress from Anthro):
36 Weeks – March 5th (non-maternity shirt, my fave from Athleta):
37 Weeks – March 11th (hubby’s t-shirt):
38 Weeks – March 18th (non-maternity sweater from Anthro and that fave Athleta shirt again; note the puffy feet!):
39 Weeks 3 Days – March 28th (maternity dress, same one as above from Motherhood Maternity):
39 Weeks + 6 Days – March 31st (look close for the belly, it’s blending into the curtain behind – this was me trying to shop for postpartum but failing misterably – I didn’t get anything!):
I think that about catches me up.