Both Bobby and I have a major weakness for really good oatmeal raisin cookies. I also happen to have a jar of homemade yogurt in my fridge from my dad’s girlfriend (she makes it from raw milk they buy in PA!) that I wanted to do something with aside from yogurt breakfast bowls.
So I set out to experiment with a yogurt based oatmeal raisin cookie. It came out GREAT. I will warn you – these are not very sweet (on purpose) and could probably be eaten for breakfast or a healthy/hearty snack – but in my mind they are also the perfect dessert.
I haven’t gotten Kurt into these yet (to be honest, he doesn’t like ANY sweets, and thank goodness – have you ever met a 20 month old boy who doesn’t want candy? That’s my son) but that’s ok… more for us.
Here’s the simple recipe:
Yogurt Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2.5 cups whole oats
- heaping 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together the yogurt, sugar, egg, vanilla.
- Separately, mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the flour mix into the wet mix; mix well.
- Add the oats, raisins, and coconut – mix well.
- Make large (1/3 cup or so) scoops of the dough into round cookie shapes and bake for 13-15 minutes on a baking pan sprayed with Pam.
This made 8 very large cookies. If you prefer smaller ones, reduce the cooking time by about 2 minutes to accommodate that!
Hope you get a chance to enjoy these yummy healthy yogurty oatmeal raisin cookies!
And Happy New Year if I don’t check in before then!
2 Replies to “Recipe: Yogurt Oatmeal Raisin Cookies”
Making tomorrow. Thanks Maggie!
Congrats on more love in your family! 🙂 You deserve all the best wishes. So happy for you!
Comments are closed.