Hi! I’m Maggie. I live in Princeton, NJ, with my husband (Bobby – we’re college sweethearts and got married in 2010), our two kids (Kurt born 2014 and Calvin born 2016), and our tabby cat (Couscous, aka Cous).
I started this blog back in 2007 as a way to catalogue my attempts at creativity in the kitchen. After gaining the freshman 25 and subsequently losing it, I developed a love of cooking and eating healthy food. I also learned how to eat intuitively while still healthfully.
Over the years this blog has evolved into more of a documentation of my everyday life (when life gives me enough time to update here) and of course I do still post my recipes.
Some of my favorite things are…
- My family!
- Yoga – I got my 200 hour certification back in 2011 while living in NYC. I was in the first teacher training class at Yoga Vida.
- Learning about different ways of eating – macrobiotics, paleo/primal, vegetarian/vegan, etc… (I have tried each of these but I don’t follow any specific diet currently)
We have moved around a lot since 2007. Here is the full list…
- Ithaca, NY until February 2008 (I went to college up there and was finishing up my last semester when I started this blog)
- Mountain View and Sunnyvale, CA from 2008 – end of 2009
- Manhattan, NYC, NY (3 apartments) from the end of 2009 – early 2015
- Hoboken, NJ from early 2015 to early 2016 (we moved here when we outgrew our NYC apartment when Kurt was almost 1… then we left shortly after I got pregnant with Calvin)
- Princeton Junction, NJ from early 2016 to mid 2017. (This was our failed attempt at being suburban.)
- Princeton, NJ from mid 2017 to now. We absolutely LOVE Princeton. It’s been our favorite place to live so far. We love our apartment, the freedom of not owning a house and having to maintain it, the walkability, the culture, the proximity to NYC, and the proximity to my family and to lovely outdoor things like farms and hiking.
And I have had some different jobs too.
- Economic researcher
- Marketing executive
- Various freelance projects
- And now – I work with my dad doing retirement planning here in NJ
I hope you enjoy reading my blog! Here are some of my favorite posts to get you started: