This morning I tried to get up. I really did. Couscous (our cat) was meowing and meowing for no apparent reason and I was exhausted. I got up with enough time to do 15 minutes of The Biggest Loser Cardio Max Workout with Bob Harper. I’ve done the video before, and it is intense. By the end (only 23 minutes or so), I’m usually sweaty. When I stopped after 15 minutes I was starting to sweat – which means I was really working out! I don’t sweat much normally.
I wanted to see if yesterday’s breakfast really was filling or if that was a fluke, so I had the same thing today… And it was filling! It must be the cheerios.
- 1 large fuji apple
- 2/3 cup TJ’s greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cheerios
After yesterday’s salad-fest, I wanted a more carby, fruity lunch.
- 1 large WW wrap slathered with Dannon 0% Plus (free yogurt from work; this combo is delish)
- 2 nectarines
- 2 diet pepsis – I’m trying to cut down to 1 per day. Let’s see how it goes!
- peppers and mushrooms with hummus
I ate the two nectarines, then went for my hour-long walk
. When I came back I wasn’t that hungry, but ate the wrap and yogurt anyway because I knew I should have been hungry by then. I love that combination – healthy carbs + yogurt – it’s what I live for. The veggies and hummus ended up being eaten a little later since for some reason my hunger wasn’t kicking in.
Ahh… but it did kick in around 5pm.
For dinner Bobby and I met up with a friend from the Fed (my old place of work in SF). We ate at Kabul, a delicious Afghani restaurant in Sunnyvale. I say she’s from the Fed, but she’s actually on her last two weeks there – she’s decided to pursue other interests. Hi Nina! Bobby and I shared dinner, which was perfect for this restaurant – portions are huge.
Thank you so much to everyone who wished me a happy birthday yesterday. I am so lucky to have so many wonderful friends.
I almost let myself stay in bed this morning, but I decided to get up and do 20 minutes of Tom Morley’s cardio yoga.
Breakfast: (work is out of oats; it’s sad)
- 1 large fuji apple
- TJ’s greek yogurt (~3/4 cup?)
- cheerios (~1/2 cup?)
This held me over so well and I have no idea why. Usually fruit for breakfast just makes me hungrier – perhaps it was the additional cheerios? Even though greek yogurt has a lot more protein than normal yogurt, I don’t find that when I have it for breakfast I stay very full. I think it must have been the cheerios. Anyway, it was delicious. Sorry for the lack of picture.
- whole wheat wrap with turkey, cilantro chutney, onions, and lettuce
- iceberg salad with nectarine, peppers, carrots, onions, and Newman’s Own lowfat sesame ginger dressing (this is in a large yogurt container – tall, but not very wide)
- diet pepsi (only 1 today!)
After lunch (before the diet pepsi and the salad), I went for my hour-long walk. I’m very predictable, aren’t I? I ate my wrap before the walk, even though I still wasn’t very hungry. When I got back I waited about a half an hour and then had the salad. So I didn’t end up having the salad and pepsi until 2:15p or so. That wrap was amazing – filling, flavorful, and exactly what I was craving. The only downside was the fact that it had both onions and cilantro chutney, neither of which are good for the breath – gum to the rescue!
Tonight I had choir practice, so it was a light dinner and a nice snack afterwards. When I packed my lunch today I figured I would make 2 very similar salads – one as more of a side salad to go with lunch, and one with more heft to it for my dinner.
- big ole iceberg salad with nectarine, peppers, carrots, and organic chicken-apple-gouda sausage, topped with Newman’s Own lowfat sesame ginger dressing
So after practice I was planning on coming home and having some fruit and yogurt… but my dinner salad was so good that I decided to make another one, but I ripped up some turkey instead of the chicken sausage.
- iceberg salad with 1 whole nectarine, carrots, peppers, zucchini, and turkey, topped with Newman’s Own lowfat sesame ginger
- veggie plate with hummus – baby carrots, zucchini, mushrooms (more than pictured), and cauliflower (more than pictured). I probably ended up eating about 1/3-1/2 cup of hummus with all these veggies!
I’m off to watch some more Burn Notice and hit the sack. OnDemand has a new yoga video that I want to do tomorrow morning.
- veggie scramble – egg whites, summer squash, peppers, onions, mushrooms, carrots, basil, spices (chili powder, cumin, s&p) – topped with a ton of organic ketchup and some heirloom tomato salsa
- a lot of baby carrots with hummus
- 3 cherry tomatoes from my tomato plant!
I snacked on veggies as I was chopping them for our scrambles, too. I adore raw mushrooms.
Dessert/Snack: (so far)
- 1 nectarine
- some raspberries
Tomorrow is my birthday! I’m excited 🙂 Thanks, Christine for the call – you’re usually the first!
I’m currently snacking on some more baby carrots and hummus. Bobby and I are probably going to set up the hookah (ick, I know it’s bad, but it’s almost my birthday and it’s only very occasional). Maybe I’ll have a snack after if I’m hungry. It would most likely be another one of those amazing nectarines.
This afternoon I had some of these:
I grew them myself! They are sweet and delicious.
Then we went to Costco and got tons of stuff. I had a sample of cantaloupe while we were there. I also got my nails done while Bobby went to Best Buy and bought a game 😀
And then around 6p I had a snack of:
- baby carrots and mushrooms (I went back for more of both)
- 2+ tablespoons of hummus – this is a new kind, it’s spicy and delicious
I also had a new drink that we got at Costco – sparkling ICE: “nutrient enhanced artesian spring water”. At only 5 calories/serving, this stuff is pretty good. It’s sweetened with Splenda, so I guess that’s better than aspartame.
See you soon for dinner! I think omeletes are to be had…