Who am I? Check out how Say Yes to Salad has evolved over the years, food experiments, exercise, reviews…
- 10 Things About Me – a fun meme.
- Frequently Asked Questions – answers to some common queries.
- Eating For Pleasure – a post about intuitive eating.
- Does Cooking Make Us Human? My thoughts on going “raw” and what we should eat based on evolution.
- The Day I Got Engaged
- Homemade Ketchup (unsweetened options) (vegan)
- Stovetop Baking: Soda Biscuits (vegan)
- How to make oatmeal in a rice cooker (vegan)
- Fake Cheesecake recipe (low-calorie, no sugar added, has dairy)
- Macrobiotic Oat Bran Mini Scones (vegan, macrobiotic, low-calorie)
- Baked Oatmeal (vegan, low-calorie, macrobiotic)
- Macrobiotic Oatmeal Apple Raspberry Pie (macrobiotic, vegan) – this is AWESOME.
- Raw-ish Oatmeal Cookie Balls (raw, vegan, macrobiotic)
- Green Monster Recipe (green smoothie) (raw, vegan)
- Butternut Squash Fries (vegan, macrobiotic)
- Easy Peasy Pizza Dough (vegan)
- My Dad’s Buttermilk Pancakes
- How to Make Stovetop Oats (vegan)
- Brown Rice Mushroom Risotto (vegan)
- Simple Hummus (vegan)
- Egg White Crepes (low-calorie)
- Fake Sushi Recipe (raw, vegan)
- Delica rf-1′s Hijiki and Soybean Salad (vegan, mostly raw, mostly macrobiotic)
- Okra, Squash, and Shrimp Gumbo (macrobiotic, dairy-free, vegan-except-for-shrimp)
- List of favorite (free) exercise videos
- Diane Von Furstenberg’s Exercise Routine – this is a stretching exercise routine (about 30 minutes) based on yoga, pilates, and relaxation techniques. This is all DVF does and she looks about 30 years younger than she is.
- Sadie Nardini’s Power Yoga Routine – a killer 30-minute yoga workout.
- Jillian Michael’s 30-day Shred – I wrote down the exercises to the first video of the SHRED.
- Naturally Thin Review – my thoughts on Bethenny Frankel’s diet book. I was a little bit harsh, but I did enjoy the book a lot. It definitely has a lot of great suggestions about how to be an intuitive eater.
- Better’n Peanut Butter – a yummy low-calorie substitute for peanut butter (100 calories in 2 tablespoons).
- Sodastream Soda Maker – we make our own seltzer (and sometimes soda). I really like this machine.
- PB2 – another low-calorie substitute for peanut butter (50 calories in 2 tablespoons).
- Summary of my macrobiotic diet trial – I followed a macrobiotic diet for 2 weeks (in February of 2009) and had very good results! I am not macrobiotic anymore, but I learned a lot and took away some great habits.
- Macrobiotics overview – this post was right before I started the 2 week experiment and summarizes what “macrobiotic” means.
- 1-week Macrobiotic Update – one week into the experiment.