Since September kicks off the start of Fall, and is my birthday month, and is also my favorite month, I want to make it a good one. I was inspired by Lara’s new month resolutions and I made some of my own. Heather’s new plan post was also inspiring.
- Get creative. I want to bring style and flair back into my kitchen by making new recipes each week.
- I want to call my family and friends more often. Like Lara, the longer I go without calling someone, the more likely I am to put it off. Every time I chat with my long-distance friends I feel so happy – so I want to do it more often. The same goes for family, especially family besides my parents (who I do actually chat with often).
- Enjoy California. I don’t know how long I’ll be here, and I want to take advantage of every moment.
Read more... (450 words, 4 images, estimated 1:48 mins reading time)
When Bobby and I went over to our cousins’ new place on Saturday, I brought a raw salad:
- base: red leaf lettuce
- toppings: raw corn, red bell pepper, small pieces of grapefruit, yellow heirloom tomato, shredded carrot
- dressing: liquid gold elixir (olive oil, bragg’s liquid aminos, lemon juice, rice vinegar, garlic, stevia)
There was some leftover dressing that I brought (I didn’t put the dressing on until it was time to eat so it wouldn’t get soggy) and I left it for them. I think they really liked it; Bobby said it was especially good. They also served delicious salmon with olive oil and dill which I had a lot of (must make this) and roasted asparagus. It was a great night. Their new place is beautiful.
I have to add red pepper to the list of veggies that go in my favorite salad.
Read more... (605 words, 4 images, estimated 2:25 mins reading time)
I made Bobby a treat for lunch today. It’s based on some Cuban sandwich that he used to have in Miami a lot.
- 1 sesame seed bagel, buttered
- marinated beef (thin thin slices) from Han Kook
- heirloom tomato slices
- crunchy pita chips and a crumbled veggie cracker
I made myself a huge juice, which I think tasted just as good. Or better!
- 1 large cucumber
- celery (a little more than pictured)
- 1/2 granny smith apple
- 1/2 lemon
- large knob of ginger
This was my biggest juice yet – it almost overflowed towards the end.
Tonight we’re going over to our cousins’ new place for dinner. They just bought a new place and they’re cooking (salmon). We’re bringing a big raw salad. I think I’ll make one of my favorite raw salads with liquid gold elixir.
Read more... (374 words, 4 images, estimated 1:30 mins reading time)