Lara passed me the BSI (Blogger Secret Ingredient) torch! I’m sure you all know what’s coming. This week’s pick:
Kabocha is a Japanese pumpkin. It’s rich in beta carotene, with iron, vitamin C, potassium, and smaller traces of calcium, folic acid, and minute amounts of B vitamins. You can find it in the produce section of a market – probably with the other squash or root veggies like potatoes. If you can’t find it in your normal grocery, try looking at an Asian market, or any other small market. They’re really abundant here in California but I’m sure you can find them anywhere. My mom and grandmother get them in New Jersey and I’ve seen bloggers across the country find them as well.
I can’t wait to see what you come up with. The rules:
- Make a recipe that uses kabocha (it can be original but it doesn’t have to be) BEFORE SUNDAY NIGHT.
Read more... (204 words, 1 image, estimated 49 secs reading time)
My yogurt giveaway is officially closed. Instead of holding another giveaway later this week, I decided to just pick two winners today. Congrats to:
- Miss Gliding Calm who says, “ahhh greek yogurt! my new budget has not allowed me to have it in months! i miss it so!! thanks for the giveaway maggie!” I’m glad I could help
- Blueberry Hil, who says, “With granola and/or fresh strawberries!”
I’ll be getting in touch with you ladies momentarily. Thank you to everyone who responded!
Here are some of my own favorite yogurt combinations… ::tear:: I will have to find some good soy yogurt. Gary recommended Stoneyfield’s soy yogurt, and he says you can bake with it too!
Pear, orange, maple syrup, coconut, + Greek yogurt:
With fresh crunchy fuji apples:
Fresh chopped nectarine, mint chutney + Greek yogurt:
Read more... (462 words, 5 images, estimated 1:51 mins reading time)
I recently received some coupons for FREE organic Oikos Greek yogurt made by Stoneyfield. Since I can’t eat dairy any longer (it makes me break out), I’m giving away half of them today and half later this week.
- Leave a comment on this post with your favorite way to eat Greek yogurt for a chance to win.
- Link back for an extra chance!
Contest closes tomorrow at noon (PST)! Good luck!
Permanent link to this post
(74 words, 1 image, estimated 18 secs reading time)