There is something inherently wrong with eating a big fat muffin while watching Biggest Loser. I’m going to pretend it’s okay. At least it’s a bran muffin.
I did have a yummy dinner before my muffin (thanks for the treat, Jill!). I made a hugh jass stir fry with random veggies from my freezer plus sliced burdock. I topped it with smoked mozzarella cheese. So simple, so delicious.
I also had a heart-healthy (3/4 cup) serving of protein powder oat bran (oat bran, protein powder, cinnamon, salt, vanilla). I topped it with lowfat milk and real maple syrup. And sesame seeds.
Then the muffin. It was a very satisfying dinner.
I did Get Fit With Catra again tonight with Jill, and it was fun. Our workout was…
- 1 lap around the park
- 25 sit ups
- 25 jumps (onto a 2 foot high wall)
Read more... (240 words, 3 images, estimated 58 secs reading time)
Keep the BSI entries coming in! I have some great ones so far… (if you’ve entered and you’re not on the list please let me know!)
You have until Sunday night to submit! Then I’ll pick a winner and announce who’s going to be hosting next week.
There have been a few challenges recently (Shelby, Coco, and probably more) that I really liked. I’m going to propose my own challenge. If you want to join me, pick at least one of the following tasks and keep me updated with your progress! Ways to do this:
- Link back to this post OR
- Comment on any post OR
Read more... (433 words, 1 image, estimated 1:44 mins reading time)
1 day until cruise!
This is actually a lie… we leave tomorrow for LA, but the cruise doesn’t leave until Friday. Ha! I tricked you.
- register with Carnival (thanks Bobby!)
- clean the bathroom
- clean the kitchen
- cat stuff
- other random things!
Onto more serious talk. I have been listening to a bunch of Jillian Michaels podcasts recently. (Find them in iTunes by searching KFI AM – they’re under the “Sunday” program. Or you might be able to find them HERE.) I know some people don’t like Jillian, but I adore her. I love her Shred workouts, I love her on the Biggest Loser, and now I love her podcasts. She’s real and honest and kicks major butt.
Read more... (513 words, 2 images, estimated 2:03 mins reading time)
I got a really great response to my question – tips for what to do when meeting new people?
Now here are the tips: (I hope I didn’t miss any!)
- VeggieGirl says: “just make pleasant conversation and hope for the best”
- Becca A says: “if you have something in common you already have something to chat about so it makes it much easier!”
- Sharon says: “It can be a little nervous to meet new people, but after some time, you feel comfortable and let loose.”
- K says: “Don’t be nervous!! Have confidence – remember, people DO want to get to know you.”
- Melissa S says: “try to remember that they probably feel exactly the same! just relax and go w/ the flow!”
- Diana says: “I just try to suck it up and will myself to be confident. Sometimes, a deep breath beforehand helps.”
Read more... (455 words, estimated 1:49 mins reading time)