Easy Peasy French Toast for One Recipe (It’s healthy, too!)
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup milk
- PB2 (powdered peanut butter) (optional)
- pam spray or butter
- toppings: honey and frozen yogurt (optional)
- Mix the egg whites, milk, cinnamon, and PB2 in a flat-ish dish.
- Soak each slice of bread in the mixture. Ideally you would probably soak for 10-15 minutes, but I only soak for about 1-2 minutes per piece because I am lazy and/or impatient.
- Heat a skillet over high heat; add pam or butter.
- Cook the bread on one side; after 30 seconds turn the heat to low. (Drizzle in any remaining egg.) After 1-2 minutes flip the bread and cover it; cook for 5 minutes more.
- Serve with desired toppings.
This recipe is easy, low calorie (about 300 calories total), filling, and delicious. I like it best for dinner, but I suppose it could be for breakfast too (since French Toast is a breakfast food).