Back at the end of June, I joined a yoga studio in my neighborhood. It’s a beautiful studio – Pure Yoga, owned and operated by Equinox – and I go fairly regularly. The studio is in the basement levels of a building on 86th street, but the lack of natural light is not even noticeable. The facilities are absolutely beautiful and the showers…
…Are to die for. This photo doesn’t do them justice.
Anyway, I wanted to highlight the studio because it’s included in some of my November goals. Here we go:
- Go to 15 yoga classes this month. (I wanted to make it 20, but I am going to be traveling for 1 week and I don’t think 20 is doable.)
- Floss once a day (night). I floss but sometimes I miss a day.
Read more... (227 words, 1 image, estimated 54 secs reading time)
New Year’s Resolutions are tricky. It’s great to want to make a positive change in your life, but if you bombard yourself with expectations at the beginning of the year, it’ll probably be nearly impossible to follow through on all of them. That goes for any time of year I suppose. If you have all these resolutions and have trouble realizing them, it might make you more likely to abandon them all and give up. And that is not what we want.
Maybe it’s time for a new way of thinking about New Year’s Resolutions. What about 12 resolutions, but instead of starting them all on January 1st, you start a new resolution each month (and try to keep up with the old ones as you add the new)? On January first, start with one new intention – it doesn’t have to be hard; maybe it’s even better to start with your easiest goal to give yourself some confidence for the harder ones ahead. (See below the lists for my own resolutions plan.)
Read more... (673 words, 4 images, estimated 2:42 mins reading time)
Bounjour again from Paris! We are here until Sunday in the wee hours of the morning. (We leave around 9ish France time which is 3am NYC time.) We’re having a lovely time and I will be sure to post more pictures soon. Today I wanted to share some things.
- Clare is giving away a t-shirt. It ends tomorrow (6/11) at midnight.
- I am in love with cutoff jean shorts. I just saw two today – on Little Tin Soldier AND on What Would a Nerd Wear. I cannot resist any longer. I will have to pick up a pair of thrift shop jeans when I get back to the states and hack away.
Read more... (396 words, 6 images, estimated 1:35 mins reading time)
I saw this on Erin’s blog and decided to do my own. My first thing is shared by Erin.
1. I am tall too. I am 5’9.75″ (… rounded up to 5’10” usually). But I do love my heels. On my wedding day I wore bare feet. Bobby is 6’1″.
2. I am a sometimes vegetarian. I don’t eat much meat, but I can’t say I am fully vegetarian because I make exceptions every so often for things like Bacon Chocolate.
3. My favorite kind of exercise is yoga. This morning I did a 20 minute yoga session from yogadownload.com – Gentle Hatha Yoga #3. On Friday I took the day off from work and in the morning I did Crunch Super Slimdown with Ellen Barrett on Netflix. It’s a combination of yoga and pilates. Love! (My yoga recs here.)
Read more... (520 words, 7 images, estimated 2:05 mins reading time)
Here are some cool reads I found in the last week and a half or so.
Read more... (348 words, 1 image, estimated 1:24 mins reading time)
I hope this blog is not turning into a book blog! Or maybe I do. Anyway, here is what I’m reading this week.
When Nathan Zuckerman returns to Manhattan from his self-imposed rural retreat for the first time in 11 years in Exit Ghost, what does he find? Along with his surprising and unsettling encounters with an aged and ill woman who had once been a young mystery to him, an aggressive biographer who won’t take no for an answer, and an alluring young writer who tempts him back into the adventure of seduction, he is confronted with a city whose streets are filled with people behaving quite differently than a decade before.
Read more... (515 words, 5 images, estimated 2:04 mins reading time)
**UPDATE: Giveaway is now closed. Katie won. Congrats Katie! I will email you shortly.**
I mentioned yesterday that I had another giveaway for you, so here it is.
I have too many books. It is a problem. My bookshelves are completely full and I don’t have room for another bookshelf, so I am going to start giving away the books that I have read. First up…
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. I figured I would start with this one because it’s pretty popular.
How to enter (same rules as last time):
- Leave a comment here telling me what your favorite book is. (1 entry)
- Follow me and tweet my giveaway: “Check out @TheSaladGirl’s book giveaway – a free copy of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: http://bit.ly/8XjjSR” – and leave a comment letting me know. (1 entry)
Read more... (212 words, 1 image, estimated 51 secs reading time)
I have some favorites to share for the week…
- I didn’t read that much this week, but I am working on Nicholas Sparks’ new book – The Lucky One. I don’t like it. I think I am over Nicholas Sparks’ writing style.
Read more... (243 words, estimated 58 secs reading time)