2013 Goals and Intentions
1. Eat more cleanly. Fewer processed foods; more vegetables. Eat more intuitively. Eat less emotionally.
2. Go to sleep by 11pm more often. (2x a week to start)
3. Go to yoga 12x a month. Do Mysore regularly for 1 month. (Summer?)
4. Meditate 5 minutes per day (morning).
5. Get up earlier (this will come out of #2…).
6. Log my exercise (I used to do this). And use my Erin Condren planner.
7. Spend less money and save up to start my own business someday.
8. Find at least one other source of income aside from my day job.
9. Simplify. Minimize. Give away clothes and things that I don’t use. Buy less. Have less. Stress less.
What are your 2013 goals?
Permanent link to this post
(129 words, estimated 31 secs reading time)
It’s been a while since I did one of these… But first an update: NYC is recovering from the hurricane (Irene) that passed through last night. To be honest, not much happened in Manhattan. I think the major damage occurred in the outer boroughs (poor Staten Island) and New Jersey (my mom is without power and water). Our power didn’t even flicker. On the plus side, I did have a mini Reese’s cup yesterday that I got at the hardware store. I love these things.
Our weekend went well. We mostly hung out with our neighbors (friends) and ate good food together. A few of us like to cook and all of us like to eat. This morning I went for a run (a little over 3 miles) after not having run for ages (at least 1.5 years?). It felt great. The subways are still not running so we can only get to places on foot (…or taxi). They probably won’t be running for the morning commute tomorrow so I plan on walking.
Read more... (395 words, 1 image, estimated 1:35 mins reading time)
Healthy Monday is a public health initiative founded in 2005 in association with Johns Hopkins University, Columbia University, and Syracuse University. HM’s goal is to end chronic preventable disease in the U.S. by offering people and organizations a weekly prompt to start and sustain healthy behaviors, intentions, actions and initiatives. For most Americans, the week begins on Monday. Studies suggest we are more likely to maintain behaviors begun on Monday throughout the week. That makes Monday the perfect day to make a change for your health and the health of our planet.
I mentioned yesterday that I quit the gym and got tons of great responses. In keeping with the “quit the gym” and “fit for free” theme, today’s Healthy Monday Tip is…
Read more... (461 words, 1 image, estimated 1:51 mins reading time)