I haven’t done a Friday Five in a while, but it’s definitely time for one.
When I embarked on Macrobiotic March, one of the first things I did was look for new macrobiotic blogs. Here are my current (new) favorites.
Maggie’s Favorite Macrobiotic Blogs
1. Macrobiotic Magic in the Kitchen. This is mostly a recipe blog, and with recipes like Winter Stew and Pumpkin with a Maple Miso Sauce, who could resist? Well – who can resist pumpkin ever? (Certainly not me.)
2. No Dairy No Sugar. This is a simple, pretty blog with lots of ideas for macrobiotic meals. I want to try her Quinoa Amaranth Veggie Mix.
3. She Cooks Macro. This blog is beautiful and truly professional. I wish I had found it in time to join the Chewathon! (I have been neglecting my chewing, again.)
Read more... (524 words, 2 images, estimated 2:06 mins reading time)
1. Take a deep breath.
Don’t move. Feel the breath go in your mouth, through your throat, into the chest, into the belly. Out the belly, the chest, the throat, the mouth. Breath it into your fingers and your toes. Close your eyes. Listen. Breathe.
2. Meditate for 5 minutes.
If this is hard, try repeating a mantra as you sit, cross-legged, in a comfortable seat. Perhaps sit on a blanket. Back and neck are long. On the inhale, think, LET, on the exhale, GO. Inhale, LET, exhale, GO. Set a timer, or just stop when you’re ready.
3. Accept yourself today. (Or at least try.)
Don’t wait for when you are thinner, are in better shape, get a promotion, accomplish some goal. Accept yourself today, because it’s wasting time if you can only think about the future or the past. Be present, and be okay with you as you are. (This is not to say don’t have goals – just don’t beat yourself up if you’re not where you want to be.)
Read more... (535 words, estimated 2:08 mins reading time)
I love doing Clare’s 5TF, and now I have a new one – Arlene’s Fantabulous Friday Five.
Five Things Friday:
- It’s Fall. Officially. My favorite season. I even got up early this morning to do a post
- My yoga teacher training starts tonight. So excited.
- Hopefully going out to dinner with my husband tonight.
- Can’t wait to spend time with friends this weekend (after my training).
- I’m loving on kabocha this week. Got a few perfectly ripe ones. Also introduced a friend to it and she loves it too
Fantabulous Friday Five comes in 3 parts…
Five things I want to buy
- … I’m gonna say nothing. I really don’t want anything right now! Hate clutter. Instead I will do…
Five things I want to get rid of
- Old clothes and shoes I never wear
- Too many books
Read more... (263 words, 4 images, estimated 1:03 mins reading time)