This weekend I got to visit one of my best blog friends – Coco – for her baby shower. We got her this (apparently very popular with new moms) California Baby Gift Basket (the “Newborn Tote Bag”).
This baby gift basket contains calendula cream, which I recognize from my mom’s use on me and my siblings when we were young. Calendula is a plant (like a marigold flower); the cream is a natural moisturizer free of synthetic fragrances, sulfates, and other potentially harmful chemicals. It’s a great option if you are trying to be more green and natural. My mom would use it for our dry skin and I know you can also use it for diaper rash and minor cuts and scrapes. I’m tempted to try it for myself! Sounds like it would be useful for everyone, not just babies.
Read more... (323 words, 4 images, estimated 1:18 mins reading time)
I love doing Clare’s 5TF, and now I have a new one – Arlene’s Fantabulous Friday Five.
Five Things Friday:
- It’s Fall. Officially. My favorite season. I even got up early this morning to do a post
- My yoga teacher training starts tonight. So excited.
- Hopefully going out to dinner with my husband tonight.
- Can’t wait to spend time with friends this weekend (after my training).
- I’m loving on kabocha this week. Got a few perfectly ripe ones. Also introduced a friend to it and she loves it too
Fantabulous Friday Five comes in 3 parts…
Five things I want to buy
- … I’m gonna say nothing. I really don’t want anything right now! Hate clutter. Instead I will do…
Five things I want to get rid of
- Old clothes and shoes I never wear
- Too many books
Read more... (263 words, 4 images, estimated 1:03 mins reading time)
Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I did have a very nice day. I was surprised mid-afternoon Thursday by an ice cream cake:
Apparently my coworkers asked Bobby what kind of cake to get, and he said, “if it’s chocolate, dark chocolate; she doesn’t like normal cake, ice cream is better; something with whipped cream.” It is almost scary how well my husband knows me And my coworkers are the best.
I’m not going to keep being cryptic so here is my big news – I’m starting yoga teacher training this coming weekend and it’s going to go for the next 12 weeks (I have 2 weekends off). I’m not quitting my day job or anything, but I have been wanting to do this for a while and I’m so glad I’m getting the chance to now. (Back in California I did 2 weekend sessions of teacher training but did not complete the 200 hour training.) I can’t wait to share my yoga journey here for the next three months.
Read more... (395 words, 2 images, estimated 1:35 mins reading time)