Bobby and I spent this weekend up in Ithaca, NY for our college reunion. We didn’t stay in the dorms and go to all the CU Reunion events; we stayed at the Super 8 next to Wegmans with our best friends and we went to a few events that sounded fun (wine tasting!).
It all started Wednesday night…
We left work a little early Wednesday so that we could get to NJ in time to see my dad’s softball game (they lost, unfortunately, but it was to the best team in the league). After the game we went to pick up my Grammie’s car that we borrowed for the trip.
Read more... (891 words, 5 images, estimated 3:34 mins reading time)
This weekend I got to visit one of my very favorite blog friends – Coco – for her baby shower. Bobby and I both attended. We got her this (apparently very popular with new moms!) California Baby Gift Basket (the “Newborn Tote Bag”).
This baby gift basket contains calendula cream, which I recognize from my mom’s use on me and my siblings when we were young. Calendula is a plant (like a marigold flower); the cream is a natural moisturizer free of synthetic fragrances, sulfates, and other potentially harmful chemicals. It’s a great option if you are trying to be more green and natural. My mom would use it for our dry skin and I know you can also use it for diaper rash and minor cuts and scrapes. I’m tempted to try it for myself! Sounds like it would be useful for everyone, not just babies.
Read more... (544 words, 4 images, estimated 2:11 mins reading time)
I love doing Clare’s 5TF, and now I have a new one – Arlene’s Fantabulous Friday Five.
Five Things Friday:
- It’s Fall. Officially. My favorite season. I even got up early this morning to do a post
- My yoga teacher training starts tonight. So excited.
- Hopefully going out to dinner with my husband tonight.
- Can’t wait to spend time with friends this weekend (after my training).
- I’m loving on kabocha this week. Got a few perfectly ripe ones. Also introduced a friend to it and she loves it too
Fantabulous Friday Five comes in 3 parts…
Five things I want to buy
- … I’m gonna say nothing. I really don’t want anything right now! Hate clutter. Instead I will do…
Five things I want to get rid of
- Old clothes and shoes I never wear
- Too many books
Read more... (263 words, 4 images, estimated 1:03 mins reading time)