I meant to post this list a few weeks ago – but better late than never. Here is what I’m thinking for my 2013 resolutions/intentions/goals/whatevers! I don’t think I can do these all at once but I can definitely spread them out over the year.
2013 Goals – Go GO Goals!
1. Eat more cleanly. Fewer processed foods; more vegetables. Eat more intuitively. Eat less emotionally.
2. Go to sleep by 11pm more often. (2x a week to start… and increase)
3. Go to yoga 12x a month. Do Mysore regularly for 1 month. (Summer?)
4. Meditate 5 minutes per day (morning).
5. Get up earlier (this will come out of #2…).
6. Log my exercise (I used to do this). And use my Erin Condren planner.
7. Spend less money and save up to start my own business someday! I want to work for myself, not someone else. So I need Kapital.
8. Get the promotion that I want. ::fingers crossed::
9. Find at least one other source of income aside from my day job.
10. Simplify. Minimize. Give away clothes and things that I don’t use. Buy less. Have less. Stress less. KISS.
I’m keeping it at 10 – if I get them all I can always add more later. I am tempted to add a #11 though – get back to wedding weight? I’m ~10-15 pounds up, most of which happened in the last year (had some work-related stress and – see #1 – I am an emotional eater – I know I’m not the only one!!). I gotta start doing my ZWOWs again if I want to lean out though. Will discuss more later pending progress on #1.
What are your 2013 goals?
P.S. Like the new look? It’s part of #10 – Simplify. I’m keeping it simple and light. And no more ads.
If you’re an Obama fan, congrats on four more years! I ended up voting for Gary Johnson, and while Obama wasn’t my 2nd choice (Jill Stein was), at least we didn’t get Romney. If you’re a Romney fan… I’m sorry, I hope you are not offended.
It turns out that my India trip has been postponed until December (due to the hurricane, most offices were closed for a week we didn’t get all the paperwork in time), so this means that I can update my November goals and do more yoga.
November Goals Update
- Go to
15 25 yoga classes this month. I am upping the ante – I want to do some doubles and I want to get in a lot of hot yoga. Unfortunately I have only gotten to 3 so far so I really have my work cut out for me here. I went to hot yoga this morning at 8:30am before work and I did 2 classes last week (Thursday and Friday).
- Floss once a day (night). –> So far so good.
- Try 3 new restaurants.
- Try 3 new dishes at restaurants I already go to. I know I have gotten at least one. I will have to go look at my Mint.com account and see if I completed it yet. (Love Mint for keeping track of expenses.)
Go to a yoga class on my business trip (to… India! More later.).
- Stay healthy
during holiday/family gatherings in November. This is the bread v. wine v. dessert choice. Unfortunately I have been very lax with my eating habits lately… I am looking forward to turning them around for the better for the rest of November. I think I’m going to go with Biz’s goal of only fruits and veggies after dinner.
Test and then make a new recipe for Thanksgiving dinner (this year it’s sort of potluck-style). The pot-luck is postponed so this might be off the table.
- Read 2 books. I’m in the middle of New York, a novel by Edward Rutherfurd. It’s reallllly long! Almost 900 pages I think. Very good. When I finish I need to pick another one.
Another thing I can cross off my list is getting vaccinations. I have been meaning to get caught up on my shots for… oh, a good 10 years. Well, I finally got up the guts to do it because I had to get them done for India. I had 4 actual needle shots and 1 oral vaccine for typhoid. The shots didn’t hurt nearly as bad as I expected, but my arm is sore from the tetanus one. I think that is a common side effect.
Anyway… that’s what my November is looking like so far. Also wanted to share an inspirational picture/list that Bobby sent me today.
Do you follow this rule of 2? How are your November goals shaping up?
Back at the end of June, I joined a yoga studio in my neighborhood. It’s a beautiful studio – Pure Yoga, owned and operated by Equinox – and I go fairly regularly. The studio is in the basement levels of a building on 86th street, but the lack of natural light is not even noticeable. The facilities are absolutely beautiful and the showers…
…Are to die for. This photo doesn’t do them justice.
Anyway, I wanted to highlight the studio because it’s included in some of my November goals. Here we go:
- Go to 15 yoga classes this month. (I wanted to make it 20, but I am going to be traveling for 1 week and I don’t think 20 is doable.)
- Floss once a day (night). I floss but sometimes I miss a day.
- Try 3 new restaurants. Bobby and I eat out a lot – but we tend to go to the same places over and over again. So I want to try 3 new places in our neighborhood this month.
- Try 3 new dishes at restaurants I already go to. Self-explanatory. I need some more variety in my life.
- Go to a yoga class on my business trip (to… India! More later.).
- Stay healthy during holiday/family gatherings. For me this means making the difficult decision – bread, wine, or dessert? Can’t have all three at the same meal.
- Test and then make a new recipe for Thanksgiving dinner (this year it’s sort of potluck-style).
- Read 2 books. I will write a post soon about 1 that I just finished and 1 that I am in the middle of now.
These goals don’t seem too difficult to achieve. So far I have already gone to 1 yoga class. I took restorative yoga today on my lunch hour. 14 more to go. I wish I could count yesterday in this – I took a double in the morning (couldn’t sleep) of Vinyasa and then Hot Yoga.
I also tried a new dish at dinner tonight. We went to Sabor A Mexico, which is a new favorite. I got the Ensalada De Nopalitos salad with cactus, mixed fresh vegetables, tomatoes, onions, (no) jalapenos, cilantro and (sour cream instead of ) cheese. I had never had cactus before – pretty good! I usually get the quesadillas.
What are your November goals?