This week’s link love is short and sweet. Happy birthday, o country of mine! Still not sure of plans for tomorrow, but this is New York so it will certainly be something interesting.
Food, Recipes, Fitness
- This broccoli scramble looks divine – I would of course keep the egg yolks in! They are the most nutritious and delicious part. I am always so disappointed when people eat just the whites.
- Kath’s Pumpkin and Cinnamon Beanies look ah-mazing! I haven’t baked with beans in a while and it is something I must try again. I made these black bean brownies back in March of 2008.
- Must make Erin’s Almond Flour Zucchini Muffins. (This one you have to use just the whites because you beat them!)
- Mark’s Grok Walk Workout looks awesome. Definitely fits into my current exercise routine.
Read more... (271 words, estimated 1:05 mins reading time)
I took this salad to a potluck last weekend. While that particular event wasn’t a barbecue, this dish would be perfect for any kind of summer party – barbecues, pool parties, potlucks, Sunday brunches, maybe even the beach. The large bowl of salad I brought was gone in a jiffy. I was pleased because there was another couscous salad there as well, and I think mine tasted better.
The recipe is based off of a Whole Foods flyer recipe, but I also got inspiration from this fiesta salad that I linked to on Sunday.
Mexican Couscous and Bean Salad
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous (dry measurement)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 1/2 an apple, finely chopped
Read more... (507 words, 3 images, estimated 2:02 mins reading time)
6/13/2011: This morning I got up at 4:30am and could not sleep – jet lag makes 4:30am = 10:30am in France. Perhaps this will be the kick in the pants I need to start getting up (and going to bed) earlier? The morning included putzing around and enjoying the silence of the sleeping city. I finished a loooong yoga podcast (well, 60 minutes = this one). I actually didn’t quite finish the 60 minutes – when he went into frog pose (ugh!) I stayed for about a minute and went straight to savasana.
Frog pose - très inconfortable! Je la dèteste.*
*Very uncomfortable! I hate it.
It’s nice having time in the morning to do nothing. Or do yoga. Or chill with my kitties. Or play piano. Or read. Or blog. Or whatever.
Read more... (666 words, 4 images, estimated 2:40 mins reading time)