What I’ve been up to lately…
1) Working. (This is good!)
2) Exploring my new gym. I dropped my yoga studio membership (Pure Yoga) because I wanted access to more workout variety. I joined the 92Y which is actually closer to my apt. Thoughts on that:
- I miss the Pure locker rooms. Their showers were sooooo nice. 92Y has a steam room and sauna (which Pure didn’t have) but I can’t use them until after I have the babe.
- 92Y yoga is actually quite good for gym yoga. And definitely challenging enough for a pregnant lady. All the teachers but one (I will not name names but she teaches at 9am on Sundays) have been super accommodating and welcoming of my pregnant belly into their non-prenatal classes.
Read more... (845 words, 9 images, estimated 3:23 mins reading time)
Wanted to pop in again (3 times in 4 days – a recent record!) to give an update on…
1) The Cleanse: Here is What I Ate Wednesday:
Breakfast: 1 egg, 2 egg whites + ground black sesame & black pepper.
Lunch: Mixed greens salad with a hard-boiled egg & 3/4 cup of chickpeas (yum! my stomach doesn’t like beans that much but the taste was worth it – delish) + 1T EVOO + 1T balsamic vinegar.
Snack: 1/2 cup artichoke hearts (these were in a bit of oil) + 2/3 cup Greek yogurt (yogurt not on the plan – but I was quite hungry at this point).
At this point we go off plan… who was I kidding – I have to make these things work with my lifestyle and my height (5’10″ – this plan must be about 800 calories and that is a third of what I eat in a day). But I did make it work for me – keep reading…
Read more... (667 words, 4 images, estimated 2:40 mins reading time)
What did I eat yesterday? Let’s see…
Breakfast was a small bowl of brown rice with a fried egg on top, a baby persimmon, and a little tangerine. Also coffee of course.
Snack – my coworker brought me an apple from the farmers’ market! (Note – I don’t usually eat this much fruit because it makes me break out. It was kind of an accident. I’ve been getting up early since coming back from the trip and that means I get hungry earlier too, and fruit is a good go-to, quick snack for me… as long as I don’t have too much of it.)
Lunch – a big salad from Just Salad:
- romaine and mesclun base (extra lettuce please)
- a hard-boiled egg
- roasted butternut squash and roasted beets
- beans and corn
- broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes
- horseradish-chive dressing
Read more... (376 words, 4 images, estimated 1:30 mins reading time)