My dentist appointment was fine but by the time I sat down for breakfast I was starving! I made Gina’s recipe for a Breakfast Cookie – I followed it exactly but left out the protein powder and increased the oats. This was 1/2 cup oats, 1 T almond butter, cinnamon, splenda, 1 whole mashed banana, and a little less than 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I also had an (unpictured) honeycrisp apple on the side. It was so good.
I went for my daily hour walk, and then for lunch I had a few delicious things:
- Flatout wrap with chicken breast and pumpkin puree
- Leftover Vietnamese salad (about 1.5 cups)
- 2 apples… I had one, was still hungry, so I chomped down on another. Work restocked on apples so there are lots now.
For a snack was this bar:
When I got home from work I downloaded a yoga mp3 from yogadownload.com – what an awesome site! They have a bunch of 20-minute yoga downloads for free. They’re not videos; they’re just mp3s that guide you through the routines. They also have pose guides for download (PDFs). The one I did was Power Vinyasa Flow #3.
And for dinner we went to Vietnamese (again)! This is our meal out from two weeks ago that we never used. I realize we’ve been treated to meals a lot during this Thanksgiving Challenge. It’s probably what kept us from going over the limit.
- veggie spring rolls (with tofu) and peanut dipping sauce
- Shrimp & Pork lotus root salad (I put a lot of hot sauce on this tonight – I was sniffling so badly by the end of the meal)
- broth & bites from Bobby’s pho (beef noodle soup) – unpictured
When we got back I had 2 apples for dessert, sliced up:
And 3 unpictured pumpkin cookies.
I can’t wait until work is over tomorrow. I want the long weekend to come already! I want to spend some quality time with Bobby and just chill out for a while. Hope you all have a great night 🙂 For everyone traveling, stay safe!
And now for today’s eats…
Breakfast: (around noon)
- 3 waffles with some leftover strawberry light yogurt
- bite of Bobby’s Morningstar sausages
Lunch: (around 4pm)
- Raw seafood salad – tuna, salmon, and some kind of fish eggs over greens with asian dressing & a hard boiled egg
- a bunch of dried seaweed
Snack: (around 6pm)
- raw cauliflower & peppers with my own version of goddess dressing
- goddess dressing ingredients: TJ’s greek yogurt, soy sauce, sesame oil, lemon juice, oregano, chili powder, apple cider vinegar, salt – I have no idea how much of each, I just add and mix 🙂
Dinner: (around 8pm)
- fruit salad (snacked on this while cooking, too – 1 whole nectarine, 1/2 banana, blueberries, and fresh lime juice)
- stir-fry – I had maybe 1.5 times or double what you see here (carrots, celery, nectarine, peppers, onions, with tonkatsu sauce – Japanese)
- bite of chicken “karaage” (Japanese) – delicious, as most Japanese food is
- homemade banana bread! I had one piece, and so did Bobby. I made up my own recipe, which will be posted shortly, either here or on my other blog. There are only about 75 calories per slice of this. At work we get free snacks, and sometimes they over-order on things that go bad – like bananas. I walked out of work yesterday with 2 huge bunches – one went straight into the freezer, and the other went in the fridge. I used up 4 of them with this bread but there are still 3 left in the fridge, plus the 2 I already had, plus the ones in the freezer! I will be be eating a ridiculous amount of bananas in the next few days.
- Will probably have some blueberries later if I get hungry again!
Today my meals were…
- apples&cinnamon oats (I had a late breakfast, and knew I would be eating lunch early, so I kept it simple)
Lunch: (we get free lunch on Fridays at my company)
- 1/2 turkey, tomato, and lettuce sandwich on white bread (I took off one piece of the bread and a few slices of turkey – it was huge!)
- 1 cup of fruit… multiplied by 2 🙂
- salad with 1-2 teaspoons of dressing (lettuce, shredded carrot, corn, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, a few beans)
- 1 can of diet pepsi MAX (this is my guilty pleasure – I know diet soda is terrible for you)
- Another plate of salad with some turkey from the leftover sandwiches – this salad is great! It has peas, carrots, chickpeas, black beans, artichoke hearts, corn, scallions, mushrooms, tomatoes, and probably lots of other things that I’m forgetting.
- Another can of diet pepsi MAX (whoops)
Dinner: (out with Bobby at Kabul, an Afghan restaurant on El Camino)
- Salad with yogurt-y dressing
- Charbroiled veggies (peppers, onions, tomatoes)
- Shrimp kebab (I gave two shrimp to Bobby. I had one bite of the rice and didn’t touch the bread – all white carbs, which never fill me up and aren’t worth it.)
- Bobby’s chicken kebab, which I had 1.5 pieces of
Will probably have a snack-dessert later. Good night!
- apples & cinnamon oatmeal, with 1 banana (sliced and mixed in today!)
- “bacon” and tomato sandwich – 2 pieces of morningstar bacon and some fresh heirloom tomatoes on 2 big slices of WW bread
- 1 banana
- 2+ cups of blueberries (delicious free food at work, I can’t help myself)
- quaker oatmeal raisin granola bar (again… but I’m getting bored of them.)
- Egg white scramble (sauteed in a bit of sesame oil – 3 egg whites, broccoli, peppers, carrots, celery, basil, topped with salt&pepper, organic ketchup, and oregano)
- Raw cauliflower with Newman’s Own low-fat sesame ginger dressing
- 1 banana with TJ’s 0% greek yogurt and lots of cinnamon – I mashed this up after I took the picture – I love mushy foods, and Bobby thinks I’m crazy.
I really want more of those amazing grapes that I got on Sunday at the farmers’ market ($1/pound! Last minute deals on fruit are fantastic). I’ll have to go late again this Sunday and snag some more. I finished them in a day, and then I finished the blueberries on Tuesday (not so cheap – $4 for a pint, or some rather smallish container that I don’t know the name of). Sadness. All I have left are nectarines, and though they are delicious, they’re not the perfect snacking fruit. If only they had miniature nectarines – I would be in heaven.
As promised, I had some blueberries last night:
And then today I had…
- apple cinnamon oatmeal
- 1 banana
- panzanella was huge (bread crumbs, tomatoes, basil, salt&pepper, buttermilk)
- 2 cups of blueberries, a few strawberries
- quaker oatmeal raisin bar
- small handful of cashews
- Shrimp and calamari stir-fry (shrimp, calamari, carrots, peppers, nectarine, and celery with tonkatsu sauce)
- Tomato salad (heirloom tomatoes, salt&pepper, asian dressing)
- Cauliflower & honey dijon dip
- Nectarine with TJ’s greek yogurt
The nectarines are amazing, so I might have another one later. Goodnight!