This menu plan is vegetarian and vegan aside from the shrimp. Can’t stop eating my shrimpies! The last time I did a Menu Plan Monday was almost a year ago on April 26th, 2009.
Menu for the Week of April 18 – April 24
- Spring rolls and Vietnamese shrimp salad with vermicelli noodles
- Maki sushi rolls and egg drop soup
- Avocado shrimp cocktail with green apple and tabbouleh
- Miso sesame noodles and spring salad
- One night out; one night leftovers
Extra meal (if I don’t feel like doing one of the assigned meals)
- Cold soba noodles with tofu and garlic mushrooms (new recipe)
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the great menus at Organizing Junkie.
And if you like these meal ideas, be sure to try out some of my older recipes…
I will be posting these recipes as I make them this week. Now I’m off to Chinatown to get all the groceries I need!
What is on your menu plan this week?
This morning I went to the farmers’ market and snagged some pictures. It was raining, so these don’t portray the usual vibrance… but I think you get the idea. I love my farmers’ market. (This is the Mountain View Farmers’ Market, by the way.)
At the entrance were some flowers…
So many fresh nuts…
So hard to choose!…Fresh catches of the day…
Mushrooms are delicious…
And lots of cheese options…
These were gorgeous. I miss having a garden…Possibly the best honey ever!
Freshly grown herbs…And lots of potatoes…
And my favorite… the samples!
Menu Plan for the Week of March 01 – March 07
- kabocha, bean, tomato, and swiss chard soup (recipe to come); farmers’ market bread and ezekiel pitas for carbs
- teriyaki tofu; balsamic red swiss chard and onions
- use up the leftover wontons
- kabocha fries (duh! always!)
- homemade pizza
- roasted squash, carrots, and onion with herbs
- going out!
- fruit by itself
- whipped banana oat bran
- miso soup
- tofu yogurt
More great menus can be found at Organizing Junkie!
I’ve pretty much given up on dairy. It makes my stomach churn and I broke out for the first time in 3 weeks after having yogurt yesterday. Oh, well. I can find lots of things without it! And they are all delicious.
Around the blogs: