Friends… wanted to share with you some updates of the past couple weeks. It’s been a good time.
The week of Thanksgiving my husband and I traveled down to Miami to visit my in-laws. We had a particularly beautiful week of weather punctuated by a few short rain showers (which were actually beautiful themselves).
We celebrated Thanksgiving with two lovely dinners. We also spend time with our friends (best man and bridesmaid at our wedding; same at theirs).
(Wish I had a pic of me and B.)
On Saturday I ended up at a figure drawing class with Bobby’s dad and sketched for three hours. I have gotten severely out of practice with my drawing but perhaps I will pick it back up.
Read more... (1075 words, 6 images, estimated 4:18 mins reading time)
Random thoughts and things.
1) I got back from my trip to India on Sunday morning. Amazing trip. I was in Hyderabad for work for ~8 days (it’s a city in the south of India – in the state of Andhra Pradesh). JFK–>DEL the previous Saturday (after a 5 hour delay at JFK due to plane malfunctions – thanks Air India – a 14 hour flight total), did sightseeing on Sunday in Delhi, and then took a short 2 hour flight DEL–>HYD. Worked with an incredible team all week long, and then began the journey back to JFK this past Saturday. Two unexpected things about this trip to India: 1) I didn’t get to do any yoga aside from sun salutations in my hotel room and 2) there are way fewer vegetarians than I expected. I was just about full VEG for the whole trip. (I think I had a chicken sandwich in the airport on the first day.)
Read more... (530 words, 5 images, estimated 2:07 mins reading time)
I love doing Clare’s 5TF, and now I have a new one – Arlene’s Fantabulous Friday Five.
Five Things Friday:
- It’s Fall. Officially. My favorite season. I even got up early this morning to do a post
- My yoga teacher training starts tonight. So excited.
- Hopefully going out to dinner with my husband tonight.
- Can’t wait to spend time with friends this weekend (after my training).
- I’m loving on kabocha this week. Got a few perfectly ripe ones. Also introduced a friend to it and she loves it too
Fantabulous Friday Five comes in 3 parts…
Five things I want to buy
- … I’m gonna say nothing. I really don’t want anything right now! Hate clutter. Instead I will do…
Five things I want to get rid of
- Old clothes and shoes I never wear
- Too many books
Read more... (263 words, 4 images, estimated 1:03 mins reading time)