Random thoughts and things.
1) I got back from my trip to India on Sunday morning. Amazing trip. I was in Hyderabad for work for ~8 days (it’s a city in the south of India – in the state of Andhra Pradesh). JFK–>DEL the previous Saturday (after a 5 hour delay at JFK due to plane malfunctions – thanks Air India – a 14 hour flight total), did sightseeing on Sunday in Delhi, and then took a short 2 hour flight DEL–>HYD. Worked with an incredible team all week long, and then began the journey back to JFK this past Saturday. Two unexpected things about this trip to India: 1) I didn’t get to do any yoga aside from sun salutations in my hotel room and 2) there are way fewer vegetarians than I expected. I was just about full VEG for the whole trip. (I think I had a chicken sandwich in the airport on the first day.)
Read more... (530 words, 5 images, estimated 2:07 mins reading time)
I love doing Clare’s 5TF, and now I have a new one – Arlene’s Fantabulous Friday Five.
Five Things Friday:
- It’s Fall. Officially. My favorite season. I even got up early this morning to do a post
- My yoga teacher training starts tonight. So excited.
- Hopefully going out to dinner with my husband tonight.
- Can’t wait to spend time with friends this weekend (after my training).
- I’m loving on kabocha this week. Got a few perfectly ripe ones. Also introduced a friend to it and she loves it too
Fantabulous Friday Five comes in 3 parts…
Five things I want to buy
- … I’m gonna say nothing. I really don’t want anything right now! Hate clutter. Instead I will do…
Five things I want to get rid of
- Old clothes and shoes I never wear
- Too many books
Read more... (263 words, 4 images, estimated 1:03 mins reading time)
We are on day 2 of our Miami trip (we got here Tuesday night; we are in town for Bobby’s sister’s high school graduation). So far eats have been fantastic, but unfortunately I have a cold. I’m recovering, I think!
- Breakfast: blueberry yogurt with blueberries, strawberries, and wheat germ
- Snack: fresh papaya
- Lunch: Japanese bento box from Matsuri – this was ordered off the special Japanese menu, thanks to my future MIL. She knows I love hijiki so she suggested it. It came with grilled saba (mackerel), hijiki salad, salad, miso soup, sukimono (pickled vegetables – in this case cucumber). (Picture source.)
- Dinner: papaya salad (papaya, tomato, shrimp, calamari, mussels) and Thai basil chicken from Lan (with friends). (old pictures)
- Dessert: a cookie that I made with my friend (chocolate chip and pecan! recipe coming soon maybe…) + a bite of the bagels we made (cinnamon raisin)
Read more... (227 words, 3 images, estimated 54 secs reading time)