What I’ve been up to lately…
1) Working. (This is good!)
2) Exploring my new gym. I dropped my yoga studio membership (Pure Yoga) because I wanted access to more workout variety. I joined the 92Y which is actually closer to my apt. Thoughts on that:
- I miss the Pure locker rooms. Their showers were sooooo nice. 92Y has a steam room and sauna (which Pure didn’t have) but I can’t use them until after I have the babe.
- 92Y yoga is actually quite good for gym yoga. And definitely challenging enough for a pregnant lady. All the teachers but one (I will not name names but she teaches at 9am on Sundays) have been super accommodating and welcoming of my pregnant belly into their non-prenatal classes.
Read more... (845 words, 9 images, estimated 3:23 mins reading time)
The last weekend in October Bobby and I went down to NJ to visit my family. My dad sent us back with a late birthday present of CSA meat. Of course I forgot to snap a picture of the delicious chili that I made with it, but here is the simple recipe – based on this primal chili from The Grok Pot (my dad’s suggestion).
Paleo/Primal Crock Pot Chili
- 1 pound grass fed organic ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup leftover pasta sauce
- 1 14 oz. can chopped tomatoes (I try to make sure I get mine from Eden foods or other organic companies that don’t have BPA in the cans)
- ~1 cup leftover veggies (from Chinese food the night before) (optional)
- 1-2 tiny Thai peppers (optional; you can just add more chili flakes if you don’t have hot peppers)
Read more... (449 words, 2 images, estimated 1:48 mins reading time)
What I Ate Wednesday
I had a nice day of eating Wednesday. This is happening more and more! I used to struggle a lot with how much I ate – I would eat too little, or too much, or overeat at night and feel sick – but lately I have been in a pretty good place with my eating habits. I still have days where I “feel fat” or feel the need to check myself in the mirror (to make sure I haven’t sprouted an extra head? who knows – how much can really change in a day) – but most of the time I am very much OK with myself as I am. I think it just comes with practice, like anything else.
Enough chit-chat, here is what I had:
- Cinnamon walnut bread (from the CSA) toast with butter; 2 slices of salami (Costco, heh); coffee of course; a calcium chew (Adora dark chocolate)
Read more... (575 words, 5 images, estimated 2:18 mins reading time)