Posts Tagged ‘pizza’
The last weekend in October Bobby and I went down to NJ to visit my family. My dad sent us back with a late birthday present of CSA meat. Of course I forgot to snap a picture of the delicious chili that I made with it, but here is the simple recipe – based on this primal chili from The Grok Pot (my dad’s suggestion).
Paleo/Primal Crock Pot Chili
- 1 pound grass fed organic ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup leftover pasta sauce
- 1 14 oz. can chopped tomatoes (I try to make sure I get mine from Eden foods or other organic companies that don’t have BPA in the cans)
- ~1 cup leftover veggies (from Chinese food the night before) (optional)
- 1-2 tiny Thai peppers (optional; you can just add more chili flakes if you don’t have hot peppers)
What I Ate Wednesday
I had a nice day of eating Wednesday. This is happening more and more! I used to struggle a lot with how much I ate – I would eat too little, or too much, or overeat at night and feel sick – but lately I have been in a pretty good place with my eating habits. I still have days where I “feel fat” or feel the need to check myself in the mirror (to make sure I haven’t sprouted an extra head? who knows – how much can really change in a day) – but most of the time I am very much OK with myself as I am. I think it just comes with practice, like anything else.
Enough chit-chat, here is what I had:
- Cinnamon walnut bread (from the CSA) toast with butter; 2 slices of salami (Costco, heh); coffee of course; a calcium chew (Adora dark chocolate)
1 2 3 4 Next