Yoga teacher training is going well. It sure is exhausting though, to have no break between the workweek, training, another workweek, another training… whew. I am thankful for the break I’ll get this coming weekend. In the meantime, I took it easy today.
I’ve been meaning to share this yummy lunch that I had my first weekend of training. It was from the newly re-named Dig Inn (formerly known as The Pump Energy Food). So this is:
1) choice protein: lemon chicken
2) grains or greens: mixed greens
3) fresh sides: balsamic mushrooms, red cabbage slaw, indian spiced carrots
And I believe the sauce I got was the roasted red pepper, which has almonds (or some other nut) in it.
In other news, here is your pose of the week: the dreaded chair pose!
Chair Pose, or Utkatasana
“Hips down, arms up: utkatasana.”
- 10 deep ujjayi breaths if you want to build some heat. 5 for less heat.
- Other options: twist to right for 5 breaths; return to center; twist to left for 5 breaths.
What are the benefits of utkatasana?
- Improves balance
- Strengthens and works the quads, but also the ankles, lower legs, feet, and spine.
- Chest opening (if you do it right – glide those shoulders down the back)
- Chair twists will stimulate digestion and improve elimination and detoxing