Food & Health Links
Life Links (err, images…)
What I Did This Weekend
- Sacred Chow (Saturday lunch)
- Chelsea Market (Chelsea Thai for dinner)
- Ping Pong @ Fat Cats
- Looooots of walking (Saturday and Sunday)
- Apartment hunting (Sunday)
- Aroma Espresso Bar (Sunday lunch)
- Family-style dinner @ a friend’s (smoked ribs, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes; cream puffs and fruit for dessert!)
^Big Beautiful Salad^
How was your weekend?
Permanent link to this post
(116 words, 4 images, estimated 28 secs reading time)
This week’s link love is short and sweet. Happy birthday, America!
Food, Recipes, Fitness
- This broccoli scramble looks divine – I would of course keep the egg yolks in! They are the most nutritious and delicious part. I am always so disappointed when people eat just the whites.
- Kath’s Pumpkin and Cinnamon Beanies look ah-mazing! I haven’t baked with beans in a while and it is something I must try again. I made these black bean brownies back in March of 2008.
- Must make Erin’s Almond Flour Zucchini Muffins. (This one you have to use just the whites because you beat them!)
- Mark’s Grok Walk Workout looks awesome. Definitely fits into my current exercise routine.
- Week 5 of Biz’s 101 Days of Summer Challenge is over. Check out the comments on her post to see how we all did.
Read more... (248 words, estimated 1:0 mins reading time)
In the spirit of
spring summer cleaning, I am cleaning out my “starred” list on Google Reader. Here are my favorites – lots of love for these links!
Recipes & Food
- Quintessence. This is a funky raw (vegan) restaurant that I want to try out downtown (NYC). Have you been?
- Humble Stew via Burp and Slurp. This looks simple and filling. And Bobby-friendly. Definitely a must to try.
- Mexican Fiesta Salad. I am actually making a very similar dish for a potluck I’m going to tomorrow. Natalie always has great recipes!
- Avo-Tofu Salad. Another from Natalie! Cannot wait to make this one.
- Chilled Summer Soups from Mark’s Daily Apple. You know, I don’t eat much soup – but I think I should start. I especially want to try making the Chilled Beet Soup Spiked with Dill and Vinegar.
Read more... (384 words, estimated 1:32 mins reading time)