Sorry for not posting this on Saturday as usual! Life gets in the way of blogging sometimes (fortunately). I think that part of being a good blogger is knowing that it’s okay to take a break for a day if you have other things in your life going on. This Saturday I had an all day choir “retreat” which was really fun – we sang, lunched, had a little workshop with a great voice teacher, and sang some more. That night Bobby and I hung out with a college friend and didn’t get back until late.
Salad Week in Review
Around the Blogs
Other Stuff I Think Is Cool
- I took a “Nia” class at my gym. Loved it. More on this later. Have you ever taken Nia?
- Also took “Fit, Fierce, & Fabulous” – too hardcore for me. I’ll stick with my yoga/pilates/ballet/nia classes 😉
- I have an email problem. In the last week I have sent 45 emails total. I have received thousands. How can I stop them??
Any cool links I should check out that you liked this past week?
Roundup time! I had an awesome birthday week, and I am so happy to bring you some of my favorites on this beautiful morning 🙂 I don’t know why I’m in such a fantastic mood (yes I do), but I am, and I’m rolling with it.
Highlights of My Week
Blogland – New Finds and Favorite Posts
Other Internet Stuff
I am off to convince Bobby to go to brunch with me… At Souen. Do you think he’ll go for a third time this week? Can I use the excuse that it’s still my birthday week? I’m going to. I will be back tomorrow with my Project Food Blog post.
What are your favorites from the week and what are you doing this weekend?
This week’s “What’s Up Saturday” edition coming to you on Sunday. Yesterday was a day for remembering, so the blog stayed silent. I was also away from the computer all day (!). I was helping out at meeting’s annual fall flea market and eating my mom’s amazing food. Driving back into the city late last night we saw this:
I do like that memorial. It is strange to be living in this city; 9 years ago I was in New Jersey in my third period math class (I was a sophomore in high school) when everything started. But on a happier note…
For some reason I don’t have as many starred articles this week. (I star my articles in Google Reader to save them for this post.)
Food & Blogs
- Really want to make Erica’s Gluten-Free Challah (I am not Jewish nor am I allergic to gluten)
- Coco had a great quote about LIFE
- Katie had a really great post on being scared of hunger. Felt like the words could have come right out of my mouth!
- And when I was having a rough day yesterday, I woke up to read this post and felt a little better.
- Only one third of Americans consume 2+ servings of fruit a day… and juice counts as fruit. Only one fourth consume 3+ servings of veggies… and the most popular veggie is a potato (potato = GMO’d fries). Read more at Fooducate.
Music & Writing
- Top 10 Alternative Albums You Should Own (from Listverse) – I already have Vampire Weekend, Mumford and Sons (who we are seeing in November), and Postal Service. I really like those 3 so I will have to check out the rest! (I do not like Passion Pit, but oh well.)
- Even if you don’t want to do something, if you can make yourself do it for just 20 minutes, you will probably keep doing it. This is exactly why I’m doing the 30 Days of Yoga – I know I love yoga, and every time I do it for 20 minutes I am so happy afterwards. It just takes a little bit of oomph to get started.
- The Arcade Fire teamed up with Google for this awesome reminiscing video. My coworkers and I enjoyed watching this this week! Put in the address where you grew up and enjoy. (P.S. It’s completely coded in HTML5. Who needs flash anyway?)
Enjoy, and as usual, let me know your favorites from the week. If you haven’t entered already, you have until Wednesday to enter the stevia giveaway. There will be 4 winners and there are 3 ways to enter so get all your entries in!
Also, if you want to update me about your yoga routines, please do so on the 30 Days of Yoga page. I am keeping up with it! (So is Gaby.) You do not have to do yoga every day to update! It’s a whenever-you-want kind of thing.
Have a lovely peaceful Sunday 🙂
As I write this I am on a bus down to Washington, DC. Last night I was gchatting with one of my best friends and decided to take a short and very spontaneous trip down to visit her. See you soon Coco! The last time I saw her was at my wedding which was over a month ago. (Coco’s recap is here.)
But more on that later. It’s time for another weekly roundup post.
In Salad News
Around the Blogs
That’s all, folks. I owe you a skincare post next week, and probably more stuff on intuitive eating. I also have a great guest post coming up too!
What’s up for you this weekend?
Lots of goodies for you this week.
Around the Web
- The New York Times has a great article on the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis – Does Your Language Shape the Way You Think?
- My old nutrition professor contributed to this new site: The Simple Skillet. It’s a free meal-planning website with grocery lists, recipes, nutrition info, and lots of other resources. I will send her any feedback you have!
- Huffington Post article by a guy who traveled the world for 3 years. He learned a lot.
Food & Beauty
- Have you heard of 7-Up Cake? I might try it.
- Eden’s lessons from culinary school. Useful! And funny. (This is from a blog, but it goes here because it’s food.)
- If you live in NYC, please use this awesome waxing place. I just found her this week. Cash/check only, tax & tip included.
- Albina’s Spa has the best facial ever. It is a little bit pricey, but Albina is knowledgeable, explains everything she’s doing, and helps you figure out what you need to do to make your skin glow.
That’s about it! Do you have any Saturday finds for me?