I meant to post this list a few weeks ago – but better late than never. Here is what I’m thinking for my 2013 resolutions/intentions/goals/whatevers! I don’t think I can do these all at once but I can definitely spread them out over the year.
2013 Goals – Go GO Goals!
1. Eat more cleanly. Fewer processed foods; more vegetables. Eat more intuitively. Eat less emotionally.
2. Go to sleep by 11pm more often. (2x a week to start… and increase)
3. Go to yoga 12x a month. Do Mysore regularly for 1 month. (Summer?)
4. Meditate 5 minutes per day (morning).
5. Get up earlier (this will come out of #2…).
6. Log my exercise (I used to do this). And use my Erin Condren planner.
7. Spend less money and save up to start my own business someday! I want to work for myself, not someone else. So I need Kapital.
8. Get the promotion that I want. ::fingers crossed::
9. Find at least one other source of income aside from my day job.
10. Simplify. Minimize. Give away clothes and things that I don’t use. Buy less. Have less. Stress less. KISS.
I’m keeping it at 10 – if I get them all I can always add more later. I am tempted to add a #11 though – get back to wedding weight? I’m ~10-15 pounds up, most of which happened in the last year (had some work-related stress and – see #1 – I am an emotional eater – I know I’m not the only one!!). I gotta start doing my ZWOWs again if I want to lean out though. Will discuss more later pending progress on #1.
What are your 2013 goals?
P.S. Like the new look? It’s part of #10 – Simplify. I’m keeping it simple and light. And no more ads.
Zuzana is back! I used to do her workouts when she was on Bodyrock but they got a new girl (who is not as good in my opinion).
She has been back for a few weeks but I only just got around to doing one of her workouts tonight. This workout was:
Split squat jumps (in lunge position, jump up and down X times on one leg; then switch to other side)
Single leg lunges with back foot on a chair (X times on one leg; then switch to the other side)
Superman pushups (do a pushup, but come down to the floor and do a superman, then another pushup, floor, superman, etc…)
It was a ponzi pyramid scheme where you go through the rounds and do 5 reps, then 10, then 15, then 10, and finally 5 again. I just did it along with Zuzana and if I finished ahead of her I did jumping jacks. This workout took me about 18.5 minutes.
Here is me afterwards, sweaty face and all:
I definitely would like to build up some more tone, but I have stayed in shape from all the yoga. I can do pushups better than ever before.
Yeah, I know, I was supposed to do a 3-miler today. But I have an update on that front – I am officially going to walk the half marathon - my knee started bothering me this weekend. Sigh. Silly knee. I don’t want to push it. I’m so excited to walk it though! I know I will find a cool group of people to chat with as we speedwalk to the finish line, and I know I will enjoy the training more.
And here is how I fueled up afterwards:
Roasted (no oil) kabocha and butternut squash. I stuck them in the oven at 475F right before I started the workout and they were ready 25 minutes later. I snapped the pic using this awesome app I just found called The Eatery. You take a picture of your food and other people judge whether it’s healthy or not. I am addicted.
So far for the week my other workouts have been…
Monday – off (as planned)
Tuesday – 3.75 miles running/incline walking (on treadmill)
Wednesday – 1.5 miles walking (on my lunch hour) + some additional walking after work (1 mile or so) = 2.5 miles total
Thursday (today) – 1ish mile walk at lunch, and the ZWOW I just finished.
What are your workouts of the week? Have you done a ZWOW yet?