yoga is one of my favorite ways to exercise. i completed my yoga teacher training in nyc at yoga vida in the fall of 2011. here are some of my favorite yoga resources:
- yogadownload – free 20-minute yoga classes (with pdf pose guides). search in itunes for “yogadownload” and subscribe. click here to see my favorites.
- yoga to the people – power/vinyasa yoga; they also have donation-based studios in nyc (no pose guides, so only try if you know pose names and transitions well)
- eoin finn’s free yoga podcasts (mostly ashtanga, from what i remember – haven’t done these in a long time; he does have pose guides for most)
- my 5-minute yoga video
- maura barclay’s yoga sculpt [youtube, 30 minutes]
- tom morley’s buns & thighs yoga [hulu, 20 minutes]
- lizbeth garcia’s less is more yoga [hulu, 20 minutes]
- meaghan townsend’s cardio yoga [hulu, 20 minutes]
- sadie nardini’s power half hour yoga sequence [youtube, 30 minutes]
- beginner yoga with 2 australian dudes [google video, 60 minutes] – this is the yoga video i started doing my senior year of college, when i really started to get hooked.
- yogatoday – 1 free class per week; pay for new classes daily; these classes tend to be on the slow side (that can be good or bad)
- skyting.com/tv – this is not free; the subscription is $20/mo. this is a great studio in person and i’ve been enjoying their online classes too. they offer “live” classes online.
yoga studios in nyc
- yoga vida (cheap yoga – $12/class, $6 for students)
- pure yoga (expensive, need a monthly membership)
- equinox (expensive, need a monthly membership)
yoga studios in the bay area
- yoga is youthfulness (mountain view, ca)
favorite online & video instructors
- tom morley
- maura barclay
- ellen barrett
- meaghan townsend
old videos not available anymore (let me know if you can find them!)
yoga sculpt with maura barclay– found it here.
- 30 days of yoga (a challenge for myself back in fall of 2010)
- yogadownload recommendations
- yoga faq’s
12 Replies to “yoga”
I used to do Maura Barclay’s Yoga Sculpt daily! I want to get back into yoga, searched for her video and cannot find it anywhere.. do you have a video or downloadable video of it?
@Gabbi: I haven’t been able to find it! If I do I certainly will let you know, and post it here too.
Gabbi – Maura actually emailed me a link to it – someone put it on YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGJ9nLNzPJ8
When you train hard your muscles need proper recovery. Just taking some rest may not be enough. According to nutrition scientists BCAA is one of the key nutritional compounds to help your muscles recover properly. This and lots of other nutritional tips are available at militarygradenutritionals.com/blog
It was hard to find your blog in google. I found it on 16 position, you
have to build some quality backlinks , it will help you to get
more visitors. I know how to help you, just search in google – k2 seo tricks
I read a lot of interesting articles here. Probably you spend a lot of time writing,
i know how to save you a lot of work, there is an online tool that creates
readable, google friendly posts in seconds,
just type in google – laranitas free content source
Wonderful web site, been scouting forever and a day for tips on the best rattan furniture pieces for our home and in our back garden. The site truly helpedgreat blog
some great info here
I love yoga and should definitely do more of it!! Yoga is such a great asset to any persons life. Even some simple stretches or meditation throughout the day helps!
I’m Emma, the creator of Vegan Calm.
I am reaching out to you today because I’ve seen your page and I love your posts.
I wanted to see if you might be interested in working together on something. Are you open to accepting a guest author collaboration? I’d love to write a piece for you.
I’ve worked with a few people and I’d love to show them to you if you are open to this.
about this? Let me know what you think, and I can send over some topic suggestions.
Creator of Vegan Calm