I just got married and I have barely talked about wedding stuff! I compiled this list of tips a little while ago, and I hope this is helpful for someone.
Wedding checklist (in no particular order)
- Photobooth (optional – I did get one)
- Videographer (optional – I did not get one)
- Caterer (buffet versus sit down? I chose buffet – usually less expensive, and now I don’t have to worry about who is eating what!)
- Rings (mine is an antique and Bobby chose to go modern at Tiffany)
- Venue (I went the simple route and chose my parents’ backyard)
- Tables/chairs/linens/dishes (usually will have to coordinate with either the caterer or the venue or both)
- Tent for outdoor weddings
- DJ (get a recommendation from someone – the best way to pick)
Best Wedding People Ever
- DJ: Sound Choice DJ’s Inc (New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania, including the Philadelphia and New York areas)
- Tent/tables/chairs/linens/dishes: Adam’s Party & Equipment Rental (Trenton, NJ)
- Caterer: Emily’s Cafe (Pennington, NJ)
- Photographer: Tarantino Photo (New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania) (go to Featured Events –> Maggie & Robert)
- Invites: Parekh Cards (beautiful cards from India – they have so many gorgeous options, and they are fairly inexpensive for the quality – shipping was pricey though)
- Candles: I got these votives. We made luminaria with paper bags, kitty litter, and decorative punches.
Budget Wedding Tips…
- Refuse to buy into the idea that it’s okay for something to cost more just because it’s a wedding (!)
- Go with a buffet instead of a sit down meal (I think people prefer this anyway)
- Don’t get your dress at a bridal store – check out “used” dresses (Craigslist, etc… – if you Google you will find more wedding gown swaps) OR don’t buy a traditional dress (mine is a ball gown that happens to look like a wedding dress – it’s designer but wasn’t thousands of dollars)
- Bridesmaid dresses – JCrew has a gorgeous wedding line
- Know what you want (but don’t be afraid to change your mind)
And to plug my photographer one more time – Tarantino Photo –> Featured Events –> Maggie & Robert.
12 Replies to “A Wedding Post”
MAGGIE! I loved all your pictures!
but what a lovely day for the two of you! so so happy~
thanks for sharing
Great pictures, and I love all your wedding tips 😉 I did such a lowkey thing because I was overwhelmed by all the details. I’m sure many women are overwhelmed, but still want the traditional pomp and circumstance, so this is a great resource!
You look so beautiful. What a beautiful dress.
I am single…the idea of marriage is so far away from me (insert witty analogy here).
This is a great and helpful post! Congrats again on your marriage—all your pictures are wonderful, and it seems your wedding day was everything you wanted! I really appreciate you sharing your “checklist” and especially your “budget tips.” I’ll be getting married in about a year, so all of this is on my mind.
I have already gotten my dress, and I got it from OnceWed.com. It’s a Vera Wang, but I got it for less than 10% of the original price because it had only been worn—once! Deal of a lifetime. 🙂
So beautiful, Mags, and I love the pictures! It looks like it was a lovely day. I haven’t made any plans, whatsoever. Newly single, it’s far off in my mind, but I hope it’s a simple wedding someday 🙂
What a gorgeous dress you wore. I love when brides go a bit outside the box and make their day unique like you did. Congratulations!
Lovely post, Maggie 🙂
I love seeing photos from your wedding. My gosh, it looked beautiful. LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress and the votive candles were such a nice touch. It looked like a perfect evening, and yes, in my opinion buffet style is SO MUCH better than sit-down dinners! I dread weddings with sit-down dinners. I know that sounds awful, but it’s true. Would much rather wander around and talk to people while fixing my own plate.
Hope you and Bobby have a great weekend. 🙂
Some local places that you would be able to find antique tables are usually antique shops.
I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check once more here frequently. I am quite certain I’ll learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the following!
Comments are closed.