Cream of Broccoli Soup Recipe
Veggies cooking in the pot
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 huge scallions, chopped (or 3-4 smaller ones) – you could probably use a leek instead if you want
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or chopped fresh garlic)
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 4 cups chopped [purple] cabbage (1/2 a large head)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 cups whole milk (you could use skim – it wouldn’t be as rich)
- 1 cup water + 1 serving bouillon (powder or paste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of allspice
- 3 Tablespoons parmesan cheese + extra
- Heat the butter in a large saute pan or pot. Toss in the scallions and garlic powder; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the broccoli, cabbage, and basil. Saute for about 8 minutes.
- Add the milk, water, boullion, pepper, allspice, and cheese. Bring to a boil and then let it simmer for ~20 minutes (covered).
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Puree with your Vitamix or other blender.
- Garnish with more parmesan. Add salt+pepper, to taste.
I actually based this on a vegan recipe – but mine is most certainly not vegan! I am hoping to do a soup round-up sometime soon, so if you want me to feature one of your soup recipes just drop a comment below.
What is your favorite kind of soup?
I have two: clam chowder and corn and chicken chowder.