Random thoughts and things.
1) I got back from my trip to India on Sunday morning. Amazing trip. I was in Hyderabad for work for ~8 days (it’s a city in the south of India – in the state of Andhra Pradesh). JFK–>DEL the previous Saturday (after a 5 hour delay at JFK due to plane malfunctions – thanks Air India – a 14 hour flight total), did sightseeing on Sunday in Delhi, and then took a short 2 hour flight DEL–>HYD. Worked with an incredible team all week long, and then began the journey back to JFK this past Saturday. Two unexpected things about this trip to India: 1) I didn’t get to do any yoga aside from sun salutations in my hotel room and 2) there are way fewer vegetarians than I expected. I was just about full VEG for the whole trip. (I think I had a chicken sandwich in the airport on the first day.)
(A sign at Golconda Fort, in Hyderabad – ha! I thought it was funny.)
2) Home renovations are still in progress. I am still very excited about them, but at this point I am getting very anxious to get my kitchen and bathroom back. Showering at the gym is getting old, fast. It’s been over a month now! I think we started on 11/14.
3) More travel plans this week. Bobby and I are going to visit his family in Miami and we leave on Thursday. Construction will continue while we are gone – and hopefully be nearing completion by the time we return. ::Fingers crossed:: Cats are headed to New Jersey.
4) I have only gotten to 4 yoga classes this month so far. But then again, I have only been home for ~8 days of the month so far, so this is actually a good record: one class every other day. Hoping to get to one more before we go to Miami (Wednesday morning?), and 2 more after we return. Bobby has been going with me because he joined my same yoga studio. ::Happy dance::
5) After Miami, we are going to NJ the following weekend to visit my family. Hectic hectic month!
6) I am obsessed with candles. I recently bought this avocado mint candle and this frosted maple candle from Anthropologie (not only do they have beautiful clothes, but they have wonderfully aromatic candles). I also have 3 from this line (also at Anthro).
(^^avocado & mint^^)
(^^whipped cream & pear^^)
7) My favorite breakfast as of late has been a sugarless berry scone from Butterfield Bakery (unsweetened – not with fake sugar). These things are gigantic but somehow I manage to finish them. On the days I don’t get a scone I get either a fresh croissant (also from Butterfield) or a whole wheat bagel with butter from the deli around the corner.
8) My heart goes out to the families affected by the terrible school shooting in Connecticut.
I think that is all I have for now. I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season so far. Wish I could spend more of it in New York – NYC at Christmastime is one of my favorite things.
4 Replies to “Random December List.”
welcome back! Your indian trip sounds really interesting!!! Will u talk more about it?
Anthropologies also has great bowls and mugs…could spend hours in there just looking around. Sometimes, I dream about living in an Anthro store…they’re just too darn pretty!
Happy Holidays Maggie. Glad you enjoyed your trip to India. Oh, and I totally wish I could share a sugarless scone with you. Scratch that, I’ll take one of my own. 🙂
Have a safe trip both to Miami and NJ! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Maggie! Hugs!
Heya! Congrats on the new apartment! I may be in your neck of the woods this month…coffee and a chat? 🙂
Comments are closed.