Studies suggest we are more likely to maintain behaviors begun on Monday throughout the week. That makes Monday the perfect day to make a change for your health and the health of our planet.
I (finally) cooked!
It was semi-homemade fried rice, courtesy of Trader Joe’s frozen section.
Semi-Homemade Vegetarian Fried Rice
Ingredients (serves 2 – we have big appetites)
- 1 bag of frozen veggie fried rice from Trader Joe’s (“4 servings” supposedly)
- 1 bag of frozen vegetables (medley of beans and carrots)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add vegetables. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Beat eggs in a cup. Add to veggies. Scramble the eggs and veggies for 2-3 minutes, or until the eggs are mostly done.
- Add in the rice. Continue to cook for 5 minutes or so, or until the rice is heated through.
Delicious. Semi-homemade is the way to go when you don’t have much time or motivation to cook. I got the ingredients for this dish from the new Trader Joe’s on the upper west side. It was a nice ~1.5 mile walk each way.
Healthy Monday: healthy-ish home cooking (whether it’s semi-homemade or fully homemade – homecooking is probably better than restaurant-made) and lots of walking.
What is your favorite semi-homemade dish to prepare? What is your favorite Trader Joe’s product?
Some related posts…
- More Healthy Monday posts
- Spontaneous fried rice (getting over food fears)
- Healthy Fried Bulgur (recipe)
- Healthy Fried Rice (recipe)