yoga is one of my favorite ways to exercise. i completed my yoga teacher training in nyc at yoga vida in the fall of 2011. here are some of my favorite yoga resources:
- yogadownload – free 20-minute yoga classes (with pdf pose guides). search in itunes for “yogadownload” and subscribe. click here to see my favorites.
- yoga to the people – power/vinyasa yoga; they also have donation-based studios in nyc (no pose guides, so only try if you know pose names and transitions well)
- eoin finn’s free yoga podcasts (mostly ashtanga, from what i remember – haven’t done these in a long time; he does have pose guides for most)
- my 5-minute yoga video
- maura barclay’s yoga sculpt [youtube, 30 minutes]
- tom morley’s buns & thighs yoga [hulu, 20 minutes]
- lizbeth garcia’s less is more yoga [hulu, 20 minutes]
- meaghan townsend’s cardio yoga [hulu, 20 minutes]
- sadie nardini’s power half hour yoga sequence [youtube, 30 minutes]
- beginner yoga with 2 australian dudes [google video, 60 minutes] – this is the yoga video i started doing my senior year of college, when i really started to get hooked.
- yogatoday – 1 free class per week; pay for new classes daily; these classes tend to be on the slow side (that can be good or bad)
- skyting.com/tv – this is not free; the subscription is $20/mo. this is a great studio in person and i’ve been enjoying their online classes too. they offer “live” classes online.
yoga studios in nyc
- yoga vida (cheap yoga – $12/class, $6 for students)
- pure yoga (expensive, need a monthly membership)
- equinox (expensive, need a monthly membership)
yoga studios in the bay area
- yoga is youthfulness (mountain view, ca)
favorite online & video instructors
- tom morley
- maura barclay
- ellen barrett
- meaghan townsend
old videos not available anymore (let me know if you can find them!)
yoga sculpt with maura barclay– found it here.